Andre Update

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MarioWrecksIt, Oct 1, 2007.

1. On the texans website andre said that the team doc said he thinks the PCL is completely healed which was the main concern and andre said that the other ligament was something he wasnt even worried about. He said he is going to push his rehab harder this week and is going to try to be on the field this week yet be smart about it at the same time. Its way too early to tell but its looking good at this point. Keep your fingers crossed....

Link to Andre Johnson clip

2. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Great news. Do you have a link?

3. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Kubes said Dre is healed and that he'll have to see if Dre can be game ready during this week. We'll know more Thurs.

4. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

(Fingers crossed)

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Cross my fingers, cross my toes, and pop my collar just in case.

6. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

As much as I would like to have AJ back, that would be a week or two extra quick IMO. Keep him out this week at least to error on the safe side. He is to important long term to the team to rush him back.

RTP2110 likes this.
  7. I cant link it just go to houstontexans.com and its the 2nd video on the right says Andre Johnson Update

8. I agree but if the team doctors and trainers say he is cleared to play and is completely healed then ill take their word for it cause we desperately need him. I know this might not be an absolute direct correlation but were 2-0 with him and 0-2 without him. Im not sayin....im just sayin

9. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Get Ahman, Jacoby, and Jerome back and let Andre build up his muscle for one more week. Even though we're losing without him, I'd rather have him healthy for the whole season rather than coming down with Mathisitis.

10. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Jacoby is out for another week, but I think we can miss him(Andre) another week AS LONG as Ahman is ready to go...but if the doctor says he's ready, and he says he's ready, than most likely he's ready.

It sure would be nice to have a bye week though right about now.

11. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

As long as Andre doesn't have an increased chance of re-injury..then I hope he will be playing. I don't want him on the field if he's impaired by it, but we need him badly.

12. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Cleared to play or not, I don't want AJ on the field unless he's 100%. He has paid his dues, and he's owed that privilege.

Mathis better have his soft ass back on the field, though. :bat:

13. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

This is great news......hopefully Kubiak doesn't throw the other Andre back on the bench.

I mean seriously what has Kevin Walter shown anybody? (I'm tired of hearing the CBS broadcasters saying how Walter reminds Kubiak of Ed McCaffrey.....Kevin Walter IS NOT Ed McCaffrey) Andre Davis needs to be the #2.

14. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I think Walter is a good reciever. He has made some clutch catches for us. The problem is Davis seems to have more speed and just as good a set of hands, which moves him ahead IMO. We have good recievers and TEs on this team, we just need a RB now and we'll be in fine shape.

15. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Andre Davis has showed me something these past two weeks. Frankly, he is playing way beyond my expectations. When everyone is healthy, I think he has earned the starting nod ahead of Walter. I say start the two Andre's, with Jacoby the #3, and Walter the #4. Sorry, but Walter doesn't impress me as anything more than a chain mover, whereas Jones and Davis are playmakers....big difference, and that is why they both should be ahead of Walter when all is said and done.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Walter runs accurate routes and has grown on me. When Schaub goes his way it is going to be a chain mover. I did not see it that way in the pre season, but do now.

Davis looks good as a replacement for AJ in that role. The question one has to ask is do we get anything out of Davis running Walter's type routes? Does he have the patience to do so? I think we have four very good WR's at this moment for Kubiak's system.

17. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Jacoby is out for another week? Not sure where you are getting that. He will be likely to practice as of tomorrow per Kubes:

Kubiak said he is optimistic cornerback Fred Bennett (hamstring) and receivers Jacoby Jones (shoulder) and Jerome Mathis (lower leg) will return to practice Wednesday. He also hopes running back Ahman Green (knee) might return later in the week.

18. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

I don't know much about Davis, but I wonder why he has been with 4 teams in 6 years? (He was a guest on ABC's Inside the Game on Sunday night and I heard them say that.) I feel he has contributed when we needed him to, just don't know why he hasn't been able to find a team to stay with. Any knocks on the guy? Why won't a team keep him around?

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

He might have just started slow and then run into a numbers game when he did pick it up. Maybe he was with teams where he didn't get the coaching he needed. Then again it seems like every year we send some WR packing that we all wish we could keep. Some people wanted to keep Sloan Thomas a little longer and others wished we could have hung on to Derrick Armstrong. WR seems to be a well stocked position in this league with a few great ones on top and then a huge sea of "pretty good" guys below that.

Then again maybe he's just had a couple of great games and he's not as good as he's looked the past two weeks. It's possible. Remember, even Corey Bradford could make that ridiculous acrobatic catch every now and then.

20. real

real Guest

Just to add to that:

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2007/10/you_can_hear_th.html