Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Andre recruiting Ochocinco, and Cromartie???

Actually, unless something changes shortly after the lockout ends (which is not impossible), the call Rick would decide not to make would be to the Bengals, since Chad is still under contract to them.

Given the Bengals refusal to trade Chad to the Redskins for two first round picks prior to the '08 season (allegedly), and their apparent willingness to let Carson Palmer retire without even attempting to get something for him in trade, I don't see it as a given that Chad will be taking his skills to someplace other than Cincy next season. Chad may want badly to play for another team, and there may be other teams who would be willing to let that happen, but right now, the only person determining if Chad will play for The Bengals or somebody else in 2011 is Mike Brown.

Oh. I guess I should have read the whole thread. If he isn't a free agent this is much ado about nothing.

Actually, unless something changes shortly after the lockout ends (which is not impossible), the call Rick would decide not to make would be to the Bengals, since Chad is still under contract to them.

Given the Bengals refusal to trade Chad to the Redskins for two first round picks prior to the '08 season (allegedly), and their apparent willingness to let Carson Palmer retire without even attempting to get something for him in trade, I don't see it as a given that Chad will be taking his skills to someplace other than Cincy next season. Chad may want badly to play for another team, and there may be other teams who would be willing to let that happen, but right now, the only person determining if Chad will play for The Bengals or somebody else in 2011 is Mike Brown.

Bingo! What people don't understand is that Mike Brown is old school in the sense that he'll do stuff that is negative towards his team just to send a message to the rest of the players on his team and the rest of the players in the league. He'll make sure that Chad Johnson doesn't get what he wants even if it means that he'll be a cancer. They could have gotten a steal for Chad a few years ago from the Skins, and Brown held onto him just to show him that he can't control anything. They don't need Chad at all right now. They're stacked at WR, but if he thinks he needs to send a message he'll keep Chad just to spite him.

Chad may be harder to get

But TO is at a bargain price and any team could get him more easy

Ocho stinko isn't even that good of a WR anymore. He's more worried about attention and self promotion than he is football. Been that way for years. Would hate to see him on this team. If the Texans went in a direction like that Steve Smith would be a much better option.

Ocho stinko is still better than any WR on the Texans roster excluding #80.

Ocho stinko is still better than any WR on the Texans roster excluding #80.

He may be better, but I don't think he's a good fit here, nor do I think he's needed at all. What many of you fail to realize is that he'll want way more than he's worth at this stage of his career and whatever team does sign him we'll over pay and end up regretting it. There are also other free agent WR's out there that don't carry the baggage he does that could help this team or be solid upgrades as well.

Back