Andre Johnson or Randy Moss ?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by throwANDREtheBALL, May 1, 2005.

1. throwANDREtheBALL

throwANDREtheBALL Veteran

I'd like to know who you guys think has more potential ?

Has Moss already hit his potential? Is Moss already on the decline?

I like Johnson since he's a lot tougher, stronger, NORMAL.

But, lets say both of these guys came out of college at the same time and we had to pick one.

I'd still take Johnson, how about you?

I just read this, and thought it was hilarious

"I think Randy exudes that kind of personality," Collins said. "He doesn't walk around like he's better than everyone else. I think he's going to be a good teammate." (Kerry Collins on new teammate Randy Moss)

I always had a feeling Kerry was a SPECIAL person, now I have proof.

2. WpgTexansFan

WpgTexansFan Rookie

I may be a HUGE texans fan... but lets be realistic... Moss is probably hands down the best reciever.. and yes im including owens... I mean... anybody who can make Culpepper look good has my vote.. And despite how Johnson is more of a "team player" and had a better attitude than moss... I'd still rather have Moss..

Moss can win a game on his own... The fact of the matter is that johnson .. despite what everyone here thinks.. cannot :penguin:

Even the dancing penguin agrees with me =p

3. TopTexanFan16

TopTexanFan16 Veteran

"Moss can win a game on his own... The fact of the matter is that johnson .. despite what everyone here thinks.. cannot "

dude we must not be watching the same games. did u not watch the minnesota game in which AJ nearly won the game for us and put us in overtime or the Kansas city game which if AJ did not make those crazy catches we wouldnt have won. he does win games and anyways the question asked comin outa college not based on what there stats are now so if u still wanna take moss over AJ comin outa college thats cool but i dont see how its even fair to compare AJ and moss now of course moss is better but in time AJ will be the best hes only been in the league comin on 3 years now. but wow i totally disagree with that post.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

they both command respect.
    IF Moss wants to play.. IMO.. he is the best at this point
    Dre... is more consistant.. Dre will block and do the little things.. Dre could be better than Moss. If Dre would be in Minnesota's system, it would be scary also

no one can confuse.these groups
    Chris Carter,Randy Moss and Jake Reed
    Andre Johnson, Bradford and Gaffney

5. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

If Carr had as much time as Culpepper to throw the ball AJ would have huge numbers. AJ hands down.

6. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

If AJ had a number #2 WR to take some defenders and Carr had his Oline AJ would rewrite the record books. How many times has there been a thread like this?

7. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

Moss, all the way. Andre is my favorite receiver, but Moss is amazing. Moss strikes fear in the heart of any defender, AJ may some, but give him a few more years. Moss has just blow me away in every game I have seen him play.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

What's your beef with Culpepper, he is a very good QB. Last year when Moss was out he was sill getting it done and he had a great season, the only problem is Manning had the best season of any qb so no one noticed. Culpepper made the progression from a running qb to a passing qb who only runs when he has to.

9. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

Wasn't Cullpeper the one who threw for the most yards last season? If so, then he must be bad. Also, didn't Randy miss a couple of games too? Yet Cullpeper still got those yards.

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Moss has hit his full potential at this point. But, I seriously doubt more than 2 or 3 head coaches wouldn't choose Moss if they didn't have to deal with off-field stuff and wanted to win the game next weekend. Now that said, AJ is also a freakish athlete--not the same kind--a more physical but possibly less instinctual freakish athlete who has the potential to be as gamebreaking. At this point head's up I would take AJ for longevity and personality. If they came out of college at the same time I don't honestly know, but can say I wanted AJ over Rogers.

11. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Moss is the best WR when he is motived and thats the problem. If he had the drive that Jerry Rice, Tim Brown or Steve Largent had he could have had a 2000 yard recieving season. When Moss wants to play he is the most unstopable force in the NFL. While AJ is an incredible physial speciemen, he doesn't have all the tools that Moss has. But AJ does have a better work ethic, he has shown this when he runs over defenders and fights for the ball. And thanks to that, AJ might just end up being the better WR when all is said and done.

12. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

I can break this down....

Better TALENT: Moss
    Better Attitude: AJ
    Better Teammate: AJ

I mean just on talent and football playing ability Moss is better. AJ is a top 5 WR but when Moss wants to play nobody comes close. However the key word there is WHEN. If you are looking for consistentcy which I would rather have I'd go with AJ.

But let's face it if you put them both in a draft together....9 out of 10 would go Moss.

13. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

Moss is the best there is.

If these two were coming out of college, everyone would take Randy. He makes Ferrote look like a pro bowler, and put Daunte on a whole new level, which he doesn't touch when Radny isn't in the lineup

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Hindsight is wonderful and all, but demonstrably wrong. Moss was the 21st pick in his draft, i.e. 20 teams had opportunities to draft him and didn't, and Kevin Dyson was picked at WR above him--poor choice but demonstrates what GM's thought of Moss coming out of college. And before you say, but that was a great draft for other positions, these distinguished players were drafted before him--Terry Fair, Robert Edwards, Brian Simmons, Jason Peter, etc. plus of course Ryan Leaf (but that's a freebee).

15. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Your head must hurt after that post. Moss is the best receiver in the league? Made Culpepper look good? Moss can win a game on his own? Did the Vikes go anywhere after the "Randy Factor"? Did Culpepper show how great his skills were BEFORE Moss? Did Moss win the Vikes any playoff games? Did Moss cause turmoil in the locker room with his attitude and show his *** on every occassion that presented itself? I'll take 'Dre any day of the week. He shows himself as a man and lets his play speak for itself. The NFL(and sports in general) can do with a lot less Moss type showboat jerkoffs and a lot more AJ types who let the plays do the talking and get down to business. I'm glad the Texans don't have any showboaters. It's one thing to celebrate a big play. It's another to celebrate a play that you should've made in the 1st place. There are too many players out there celebrating their "spontaneously" well-rehearsed "dances" before the play is even over. I hope Moss enjoys his time in Raider hell. He became a journeyman wide receiver, who will work for several teams and never live up to expectations, because of his selfish nature. Kinda like TO and his tenure with the Eagles.

16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

WIth Dre, you don't have to worry about him running over police officers and pretending to pull his pants down in the endzone

17. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Randy Moss is the better reciever right now. You cannot even compare Randy Moss to other receivers in the league, because there is no one like him in the league right now. If Moss had a better attitude and could keep himself healthy he is the only one that could challenge J. Rice's records.

Andre Johnson is a great receiver but you should compare him to a T.O. without the attitude. He is pretty much the same receiver as TO and will definately be better than TO in the long run.

18. Texan Dave

Texan Dave Veteran

What about a boxing match?? I'd take Andre

But seriously, when someone is so poor of a human being, that Moss was taken as low in the first round as he was. Even though every KNEW he was hands down the best player / talent / value comming out in possibly...oh since Jerry Rice. That should tell you guys something.

19. Texan Dave

Texan Dave Veteran

Umm, I dislike Moss about as bad as I do Owens, and I like Culpeper pretty well. But Culpeper has always had Moss, Randal Cunningham was the Vikes QB when Moss was drafted. Moss can make just about any QB with an exceptionaly strong arm look good though, I must admit. Vick would be the total package (or seem as such) if he had Moss. (but I don't know if he'd throw the ball to Moss, I think Moss would probably go overboard with the Ron Mexico jokes with him, I know I would)

20. CaptainPatriot

CaptainPatriot Veteran

If they came out at the same time. Would have to go with Moss. Moss has Better hands and is better route runner than AJ. AJ still needs to work on his curls and button hooks he still drops passes running those routes. But as for attitude AJ hands down:thumbup