Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Andre Johnson on E-60

For those of us who can't listen to it would someone run down the gist of it? What's the "bombshell"?

For those of us who can't listen to it would someone run down the gist of it? What's the "bombshell"?

Andre grew up without his father, and only met him once when he was in the 3rd grade. He said his father acted like he didn't know him, so Andre did the same, and they never spoke again.

Andre's best friend was murdered when he was 20, and Andre now looks after his son, and is his Godfather. He occasionally flies him to Texans home games, and spends most of the offseason with him.

Inquiring also.

All it says in the first 30 seconds was this basically:
Andre's high school teammate died at age 20, and Andre has been the godfather of his former teammate's son ever since.
Andre's father was never there for him, so he's trying to provide his godson with what he never had, a father figure.

Andre grew up without his father, and only met him once when he was in the 3rd grade. He said his father acted like he didn't know him, so Andre did the same, and they never spoke again.

Andre's best friend was murdered when he was 20, and Andre now looks after his son, and is his Godfather. He occasionally flies him to Texans home games, and spends most of the offseason with him.

Are they sure about this? Sometimes I could swear that Andre is related to Earl Campbell sometimes. They are cut from the same cloth.

The part about Andre's dad is heartbreaking.

Luckily, he grew up into a fine young man. Not only is Andre a great football player, but dude is the real deal as a human being.

His dad will regret it, one of these days.

The part about Andre's dad is heartbreaking.

Luckily, he grew up into a fine young man. Not only is Andre a great football player, but dude is the real deal as a human being.

His dad will regret it, one of these days.

His dad was shot and killed in a later incident. That was in the piece.

David Carr and Andre got in fistfight at halftime of Texans-Raiders game during Carr's last season in Houston. Separated by teammates (I think they said Dunta was the first in). Carr black eye, Andre got a wedding ring scratch across his face.

Is this serious? I'm wondering if it was around this time that Dunta started talking about how it was time for a change.

I'm tired of all the thugs that blame their circumstances on the home their from or the circumstances they grew up in. Andre is a classic example of the fact that you don't have to be thug just because your from a fatherless home or from a bad neighborhood. Andre is a MAN that you want your kids to idolize and wear his jersey.

Andre is a stand up man.

Our Texans have been blessed! Hopefully, the Texans will reward him someday with the ultimate prize! What a pic that will be watching AJ holding up the Lombardi with this little boy at his side! God willing, I will live to see that happen!

David Carr and Andre got in fistfight at halftime of Texans-Raiders game during Carr's last season in Houston. Separated by teammates (I think they said Dunta was the first in). Carr black eye, Andre got a wedding ring scratch across his face.

I saw this E 60 episode when it first aired, and I don't remember this. I can't find it online either.

Just when I think my respect for AJ can't possibly get any greater.... What an awesome awesome dude. He's a role model not just for kids, but adults as well.

Back