Andre Johnson injury watch: Week 10

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by b0ng, Nov 9, 2011.

1. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

NFL_RealUpdates Dov Kleiman
    #Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said that WR Andre Johnson has a chance to play against the #Buccaneers on Sunday.
    1 hour ago

Good idea?

EDIT: I don't know how this guy could know this, or where Kubiak said it unless it came from the Monday presser.

2. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

If there is even a slight doubt about his injury then he should not play. He should be good to go after the bye week.

3. Kthx

Kthx All Pro

I sorta hope not, maybe suit him up and only use him until we have a good enough lead if anything. Thats only if he and the trainers agree he is 100%, as much of 100% as is possible with the surgery they did anyways.

4. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I'm not thinking that he'll play this week. If he does then I can't see him playing full time reps. They may try to ease him back this week into game action, but his normal reps should be out of the question.

5. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

If he is ready to play he should play. He has been honest with the team up to this point. No need for him to play every offensive snap but let him at least get his feet wet before the bye week. Again, only if he is healthy.

6. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I will refrain from expressing any sort of opinion on whether him playing is a good idea or not, as I don't pretend to know. We've basically heard the same thing for the last 3 or 4 games, and whether it's because of Kubiak and the medical staff or because of Andre, they obviously haven't put him out there prematurely to this point.

I will say that indicating he has a chance to play - whether it's true or not - is a very good idea. While the Texans offense seems to have done a pretty good job of adjusting to life without AJ, the fact remains that the offense with AJ is still a different animal than the offense without him. Why not attempt to make the opposition game plan for both of those animals?

7. drunkcookie

drunkcookie 2 drunk 2 cook

If he's ready let him go, if he's not don't suit him up.... Real simple...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

8. jtexas

jtexas Veteran

If there is any doubt after today's practice, let him rest.

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I dont think we'll see him until Jacksonville and I think that's been the plan all along.

10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Lets let them all prepare for AJ

11. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

At this point, I say sit him until we lose a game. No need to rush him back, we're 6-3 and sitting pretty in the division.

12. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Why?
    Just wait until he's fully 100%

If he is truly 100%, no reason to rest him and let him get rusty for no reason

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If he practices today, that'll tell us.

14. drunkcookie

drunkcookie 2 drunk 2 cook

Amen... If he's ready he's ready... The dude's getting major bank to play, not to sit when the season's barely half-way done just because we dont want him being injured...

Had he not injured himself this season, and had played in every game, would we be for sitting him this week? Hell no! Let that sucka play if he can play...

Sent from my ryePhone 12G using Tapakeg

15. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

In a game a coupler of years ago he went back on the field after coughing up blood and they finally had to hide his helmet to keep out.

If he thinks he can go, he'll go.

16. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

I wish I could find that video. That game was awesome. I believe he had an injuried lung. Went to the sideline and coughed up blood. When the trainer turned around he went back on the field. LOL I LOVE THAT AJ IS A TEXAN!

17. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

If he's "100%" after the bye week, then that will totally surprise me, and frankly, it will go against everything CnD has been advising us about his condition.

Sorry to sound like Debby Downer here, but saying it anyway.

18. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Johnson-sits-out-wont-practice-Thursday/f92c86ba-75ad-4010-b1f2-3ea2b067b26b

Wide receiver Andre Johnson did not practice or run on Wednesday, and he won’t practice on Thursday as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury.

Even still, Texans coach Gary Kubiak did not rule him out of Sunday’s game at Tampa Bay.

“Yeah, there’s a chance, but we’re going to do the smart thing,” Kubiak said after practice on Wednesday. “But he has been working very hard. We gave him today off. We’ll come back tomorrow and see where he’s at.”

Kubiak said there was nothing unusual about Johnson not running on Wednesday. Johnson was held out of practice last week after Kubiak said he was sore coming out of a workout last Monday.

“He’s run four out of the last five days, so we gave him the day off,” Kubiak said. “He will be right back tomorrow working. There’s still a possibility, but I know that he will work with Kap (head athletic trainer/director of sports medicine Geoff Kaplan) tomorrow instead of us. But he is on schedule. Everything is going good, but it will be a weekend decision once again.”

If Johnson does not play this Sunday, he’ll have an additional week to rest with the Texans’ bye coming up on Nov. 20. The Texans don't play again until Nov. 27 at Jacksonville.

19. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Texans defensive end Antonio Smith (shoulder), backup nose tackle Earl Mitchell (ankle), right tackle Eric Winston (back) and linebackers Brian Cushing and Connor Barwin (general soreness) also did not practice on Wednesday.

Kubiak said that Smith is “doing good” and will play against the Bucs. Cushing and Barwin could have practiced, but the Texans held them out for rest. Winston was sent for evaluation after experiencing tightness in his back, but Kubiak did not sound concerned about his availability for Week 10.

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

^^^ I agree with this. If anything, let him come in once we get in the redzone.