Andre Johnson at radio row in tampa.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by powerfuldragon, Jan 28, 2009.

1. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e69733

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/28/johnson-you-want-to-win-rings/

surprised he picked the cards? nah, he's a WR..

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://yorkdispatch.inyork.com/yd/sports/ci_11574602

3. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I dont know.

I'll tell you that I picked the Steelers pre-season and I obviously still have them winning it, but as Andre said I have a funny feeling. I keep getting the feeling that the Cardinals are going to win this thing.

I don't think they are going to, but there is this feeling.

Whatever, I really like this Super Bowl matchup. I picked the Steelers pre-season so if they win I will feel good about that, but if the Cardinals win I would be really happy too. I really want to see the Cards pull this thing out. I don't know many people picking the Cardinals this week.

4. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

The Cards can win this, I picked the Steelers early on but the more I look at it the Cards can pull it out. The Pittsburgh OL has been patchwork all season, Willie Parker can be neutralized, and if they can get pressure on big Ben and limit production in the passing game, it could get tight real quick. Of course there is the matter of the Steelers D, I don't know what Arizona needs to do to put points up but they are going to have to find a way. If they can manage some defensive points as well and keep the Steelers O in check they can pull it out. That's a tall order to feel, but they have been riding the momentum all along. And while I am still favoring the Steelers in this one, I am really hoping the Cards figure out a way to win it. Just think of last year's SuperBowl, it was a forgone conclusion that the Patriots were unstoppable. They even came and played a tough ass game, never giving up, but the Giants were not going to be denied.

5. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

Dumbest idea ever. There will be no stars from the two Super Bowl teams playing in the Pro Bowl. I'm all for moving the Pro Bowl to the same venue as the Super Bowl and making it a weeklong NFL extravaganza. But in a game as violent as football, where season-ending injuries happen in the blink of an eye, no WAY should the all-star event precede the championship game.

6. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Who cares if the SB players aren't at the PB? Every single player in the league would rather be in the SB than the PB.

Every other sport has their all star event mid-season. Hockey is just as violent, BBal has giants jumping on and over each other.

7. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Andre Johnson is so awesome.

I'm a big fan of the pro bowl in Hawaii and don't like it's move to Miami at all. I'd rather pay the premium price of going to Hawaii for it than run the risk of getting shot in Miami.

As for being before the Super Bowl... that feels strange. It's always been a post season quasi-fun game to watch. The good about it though is that all our players that get voted to it next year (Johnson, Daniels, Schaub, Slaton, Winston, Mario, Demeco, Amobi and insert 1st round defensive pick here) won't get injured playing in a meaningless game because they will be resting up in preparation of our 1st ever Super Bowl.

8. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

moving the pro bowl was obviously a calculated move. maybe it was a way to allow more players to say they went to the probowl. you know? perhaps now there's gonna be some sort of weird hierarchy among players. I got voted in, you only got in because x was in the superbowl, etc.