andre "drop" johnson

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Heywood, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Heywood

Heywood Veteran

when the game was in the balance, when it was time for men to step up who had courage, AJ was the biggest slacker or even coward on the field, refusing to make the tough catch. he's not ready for prime time.

2. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Lets forget the fact he is about 50% of our passing offense and way over 50% of our targets. I never tought i would say this, but we are trying to get the ball to him too much. We have to spread it around a little more then use his explosivness instead of running crossing slants and slants into the middle of the field where safties and linebackers are waiting, not having to worry about the run and knowing we want to go to AJ at evey opportunity.

All the "drops" were in coverage and heavy traffic. Believe it or not, its hard to catch a ball going 80 miles and hour when you have hands in your face, getting hit by Roy Williams and surrounded by people trying to stop you. Yes, he gets paid to catch the ball, but we have to use Molds for what we brought him in here to do: take pressure off AJ by being the #1 option when the D keys on AJ. We havnt done that yet.

3. NJTexanFan

NJTexanFan Rookie

Andre Johnson is definitely not someone to bash

4. Scooter

Scooter Funky

dont feed the trolls. let this one drop off the first page.

5. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

I can see why you've been demoted to the practice squad

6. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

totally agree, stupid post. defenders are focusing in on him every play, why? Cause we can't RUN THE DAMN BALL. Sooner or later you knew who was going to get keyed on if you put the whole game into perspective and not just the dropped ball.

7. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

He got the Steve Smith treatment today (Seahawks in the NFC Championship game). How do we respond to this next week? Get the ball to Emo early and let him make some plays, then go to AJ. Balance!

8. buckaroo_banzai

buckaroo_banzai Rookie

why does AJ always get a free pass with fans?
    he drops his fair share of passes and sometimes he seems to not have any heart. (along with the rest of the team).
    so why does carr , mario, etc. get ragged on all the time when andre gets nothing but praise?
    it smacks of a double standard to me...

9. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

Yeah, I totally agree with the balance deal. The only problem I had with Carr was he referred back to some old habits today, locking on one reciever and not going thru his reads, but I'm pretty sure Kube's pick up on that and get it corrected this week.

10. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Dang it, you have to make plays IF your a "pro bowl" wr, he is not getting off this easy just because he has freaky talent, so what he dropped some KEY passes today, he a terrible game.

I expect bigger plays and more key grabs then he has shown, catch the football when it is hard to catch the football.

Throwing to him too much give me a break people, I could see if he id double covered and such, but when it is just EASY slant routes and you still cant win the battle, COME ON?

11. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

He must be doing something right.Through 5 games andre would be the leader in recieving yards and I think receptions.By the way, this is a stupid post.

12. buckaroo_banzai

buckaroo_banzai Rookie

oh i'm sorry....i forgot AJ could do no wrong.:tease:
    thanks for the personal attack.

13. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Great come back. What big man you are.

14. Aztequila

Aztequila Rookie

If anyone deserves a free pass on this team, it is AJ. I shutter to think what we would look like without him.

15. buckaroo_banzai

buckaroo_banzai Rookie

:confused:

16. FanFromCali

FanFromCali Rookie

He dropped a couple of passes....it happens.

He is still the best player the team has.

17. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Yup.

18. phan1

phan1 All Pro

I know it's not kosher to criticize our best player, but let's face it: He had an AWFUL game when we needed him DESPERATELY. While I'm not going to say he's a coward by any means, he did play about as bad as the rest of the team. Our running game isn't working; these short passes to Dre is the best we could muster. Hey, someone's got to freakin step it up, and Johnson had the opportunity to do that. And he didn't today. Yeah, he was covered well, but all those balls were catchable today, and that was the difference between being able to stay on the field for another set of downs and letting Dallas get another TD.

19. GP

GP Go Texans!

Dude was M.I.A. when it counted.

Carr's taken all the heat and now when AJ can make a few key catches...he drops them. That kind of thing is a momentum killer for the whole team.

If he's as good as you guys are pumping him up to be with all the "He's the best player" stuff...then where was he today?

TO had to make a few tough grabs, and he made them. AJ didn't. End of story.

20. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Some of you guys sound like you are blaming the loss all on Johnson. When reallisticly, it wasn't all one person's fault. But between Carr and Johnson, the blame has to be put more on Carr because his mistakes were bigger.