Andre doesn't care what you think

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by scourge, Sep 30, 2013.

1. scourge

scourge Digression King

Link

Can't say I blame him.

2. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

any fan that cares that andre doesnt care what fans think are idiots

3. bOODRO87

bOODRO87 Time Consumer

Well, I hope AJ doesn't like super bowl rings.

4. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

because caring what fans think would get him one or more? :kubepalm:

5. bOODRO87

bOODRO87 Time Consumer

Lol, no. Because he won't sniff one with the combination of Schaub and Kubiak. I wish AJ all the success in the world but it's not happening with this regime.

6. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think it matters more to him than it does to us if we ever get a ring. If he thinks we need to sTFU & roll with Matt....

Well, I don't care what Aj thinks.

Actually I understood what he said when he said it.

7. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I feel bad for AJ. His NFL career has included David Carr and Matt Schaub. What did he ever do to deserve that?

8. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Andre is probably just pissed because he's beginning to fully realize now his wagon is hitched to the wrong horse. He ain't getting a super bowl ring with Kubiak in charge and Schwab as his QB.

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Guess we should start calling AJ the Honey Badger.

10. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

That's good...b/c to me it says he's committed to the franchise & he understands how fickle fans can be when things are going well...true class act.

ObsiWan, 2012Champs and b0ng like this.
  11. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

I was there when we were 2-14 and it was full. Might have been the opposing fans, but it was full.

12. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I don't care that AJ doesn't care what I think. One of the many things we all love about AJ is that he shuts the F up and plays his ass off. He can keep on doing that.

13. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

yup someone get is

14. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

lots of great players dont get a ring...

people keep saying what you say..but AJ has had some great seasons with those guys...& its likely not going to affect his HOF candidacy.......if anything it enhances it. apart from that he fulfills just about all the criteria.....oh yeah, there's that whole getting paid millions of dollars to play a game thing too.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Andre is a team player. He's never going to say anything that undermines his coaches and offense. That has always been his nature and I am not at all surprised by his current attitude.

I have little doubt, though, that he's got his own thoughts on the Schaub failure. But, he's never going to say it. And why should he? It would destroy any and all hope that is left in this season if THE Houston Texan were to reveal that it's a lost cause.

Besides, he is right about fans. I stayed to 0:00 of every home game of the 2-14 season (not bragging, I was just stupid that way), and there were less than 5,000 fans in the stadium by the end of some of those games. This is a "rabid football town" when there is a good football team to support. Otherwise, let's not delude ourselves. Houston is about as frontrunner and fairweather as it gets for all the local sports teams. That's not a judgment, but just the way it is in H-town.

The season is far from over. Yeah, lots to worry and bitch about. But it's only four games into the season and there is a lot of football left to be played. This team can win games IF PLAYERS STOP MAKING BONEHEADED MISTAKES. Not just Schaub. What the eff was Jackson doing with that personal foul in OT??! Just stupid, stupid, stupid among many of them right now.

But it's not insurmountable. The talent is there, and Andre Johnson knows it. They are circling the wagons - as they should - and hopefully they have the character and grit to turn this media and fan pressure into something positive.

I've given up on Schaub, but I'm not giving up on the team. And neither should A.J.

Txn_in_FL likes this.
  16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

That is what I was thinking. Sure, there were empty seats but nothing like Jacksonville. The games always sold out and yeah, the tailgating atmosphere helped that.

That said, football is entertainment and most people are not "entertained" by watching their team continually lose.

17. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

As usual, good post DB..MSR. People forget that AJ played with weak armed immobile ass Ken Dorsey at Miami & they won it all.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I bought my PSL & tickets in 2006. I remember that year, I could sit anywhere I wanted..... When the season started, I didn't ever sit in my seat. By the end of the season I had to start in my seat, but end the game sitting at field level.

19. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

AJ has been here since the beginning. He's seen the worst, seen "his house" get taken over by Saints, Cowboys, and Titans fans, and seen one of the biggest bandwagon fanbases in football grow and contract over the years. He also saw what happened to David Carr.

20. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

As I've said before, yes, it was a bone head penalty but would've never even happened if we weren't Schaub-ed

Agreed. I was always on the fence when it came to Schaub. I was mostly neutral when it came to Schaub threads. That said, I haven't just fallen from the fence, I've fallen head first on the side of anti-Schaub.

*Side note: I've felt sorry for AJ in the past for being stuck with teams that did nothing. But, he's had plenty of chances to bail since his rookie deal. Good dude, great player, but no longer can feel sorry for him.