And so it begins with Randy Moss?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-quot-unwanted-quot-in-New-Eng?urn=nfl-267933

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

one of the comments..

LMAO .. Moss could have so much more if he would have kept his mind in it

3. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I would say whoever made that quote has been sniffing Moss's old jocks for way too long...

4. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Whomever wrote all of that is a complete moron. Moss is great and one of the best of all time no question, but to talk about Brady's success being because of him is a joke. Brady won 3 SB's before Moss and had put up nice numbers before Moss as well and Welker had a lot to do with that as well while Brady is just as important to Moss's numbers as Moss was to his.

Moss might be the best talent of all time possibly.

I'd take AJ in his best season over Moss in his any day of the week though because AJ can make plays all over the field and move the chains constantly, blocks well, and does everything you want while Moss is mainly a deep target and a RZ threat.

Moss and Jerry Rice aren't even comparable. Rice is by far a better player.

SheTexan likes this.
  5. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

I know he will be 34 next season, but am I wrong for hoping the Texans would at least try and sign Moss to the likes of a two-year contract if the Patriots don't slap the franchise tag on Moss and he becomes a free agent?

The thought of Andre Johnson and Randy Moss on the field for the Texans makes me...

[​IMG]

6. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

No thanks! With AJ, Walter, JJ, DD & DA we are good. We don't need no stinkin' 34 year old problem child at a position of strength.

7. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    THANK YOU JB :tiphat:

8. THE NFL

THE NFL Veteran

ON a season by season basis, to say you would take AJ in his best over Moss in his best is just simply crazy homer talk. To this point in his career and AJ has time to catch him, Moss has been alot better a WR.

Moss has been a TD machine. His 03-04 season was crazy good. Over 1600 yards and 17 TDs. His 08-09 season was almost 1500 and 23 TDs. Moss has been a problem child at times, but you cant deny his skills.

Andre had better start finding the end zone if he wants to end his career being talked about among the best to ever play the game. Yards are nice and all but scoring is what matters.

Moss is a jerk , but he is an all time great.

Yea JB... why would you want one of the best WR's to ever play the game across the field from another of the best in the game with a strong armed very accurate QB throwing to them? Why on earth would anyone want that? Just insane....

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

To this point in his career Moss became such a pain in the butt Minnesota got rid of him. All time great but hey let's get rid of him. Same point in his career and Houston would revolt if AJ was let go.

10. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

[​IMG]

Randy Moss..... Redifiining asshattery since 1998!

11. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Sounds like to me he is going to light it up this year to try and get his next fat contract.

Yes, I have him on my fantasy team. *sigh*

12. Texan_Bill

13. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Dammit man!

14. Texan_Bill

Moi??!?

15. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Yep, it's still too early for that crap. I'm tired, got a headache and I keep sneezing. And I look up and see that? :photos:

16. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

:lol:

17. Texan_Bill

Same here. I'm tired, I feel like hell from my flu shot!! I'm achy, my head hurts and I have to read posts by asshats!!! FML!

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Eeww, flu shots suck. The last time I got the flu shot I ended up with the worst case of the flu I've ever had. Never again fo me

19. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Homer talk my ass.

There is a lot more that goes into this equation than just TD's since that's all that you seem to be looking at.

How about moving the chains and catching those important passes on 3rd and 12 or 3rd and 9 that moves the chains and keeps a drive going? How about blocking up the field and giving your RB's extra room to run? How about playing your heart out on every play and using yourself as a decoy the best you can to help other guys get open instead of quitting on the play in the first second after the ball is snapped because you're not getting the ball? How about being a team guy and keeping all of your contract negotiations to yourself behind closed doors like Aj has always done? How about being a deep threat, a mid field threat, and short pass route threat for possession purposes?

You don't seem to know the duties of the WR position all that well and seem to only look at one little thing which is TD's. Well, that is fine and dandy, but I'll take a WR like AJ or Fitzgerald any day of the week over any WR in the NFL, because they do all of the little things around the field that your team needs besides being able to make catches all over the field. And AJ and Fitz are class acts that bust their asses all year long and in the off season and go out of their way to hold camps to make their teammates better as well.

These are things that Moss has never done and never will do. Moss is and always has been a one dimensional WR for the most part. He's a deep threat and a RZ freak and probably the best of all time in those two areas, but there is a lot more to the position than that and Moss is and always will be a diva that has certain issues.

It's a reason why you always hear DB's constantly criticize and dog Moss for certain things he does as far as quitting and giving the opposition signals as to what their offense is going to do, because he gives up on plays. It's also a huge reason why so many DB's constantly call AJ a beast and have tremendous respect for him when asked about playing against him.

AJ and Fitz are the best two WR's in the league. Moss may be more talented, but he'll never have the mentality that these two do as players and teammates which goes a lot further than just some TD argument.

20. Texan_Bill

Dude, I have all the symptoms of the flu with the exception of a fever!! It sucks!!

Anywho, Randy Moss is just a good 'ol boy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLj3yMGugf4