and so it begins... again...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Dime, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

When our new coach was signed with the addition signing of Mike Sherman, I was a Texan who was happy.. I was looking at what we could pick up in free agency and looking at a first pick on the draft (still hoping for a trade down, btw). Woot... we are going to have a decent team this year... Bounce.. :texflag:

Ummm seeing the signing today, Sage, a backup QB to a high price for him, and Mr. Weaver, to a horrible high signing bonus. :challenge Less we forget a 3rd string FB Jemeel Cook :brickwall , and this makes we start to wonder if I have bought enough bourbon for next year to kill the pain.

Keeping the faith as much as I can.. but someone please help me understand of what we are thinking.. Oh... I really like the idea of us signing.. oh , I dont know,... maybe a OLINE!!!! Come on coaches... fill NEEDED POSITIONS PLEASE..

2. Snapple

Snapple Veteran

Just a small correction, but Cook is a second string FB I believe, not a 3rd.

3. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

jameel cook has also been a really solid player...i watch almost every tampa bay game, i think he has been the best addition of the entire game

4. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Ya Right:loser

5. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

Rosenthal will be a backup QB, which is a need and Weaver will be a starting strongside defensive end.. which is also a need. This has been said over and over again but usually loosing teams have a tough time bringing in the big time free agents. Weaver is a very productive DE and has a lot of potential to grow. Hopefully our new coaching staff will help Weaver exceed his expectations.

6. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

have you ever watched the man play? Do you know anything about him? then how would you know?

7. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

In his rookie season he showed that while learning a new position and adjusting to the speed of the NFL he could still bring down some of the best runningbacks in the open field. Last year he struggled out of the gate, due to a shoulder injury but at the end of the year he was putting very good pressure on the QB, especially when he rushed out of a 3 point stance. Plus this will only be his 3rd season, and the first where he will be playing the possition he's played his entire life so lets see what he can do in the 4-3.

8. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Ooooh, you said the "J.B." word!

Remember that it is only day 2 of free agency and there are still lineman out there. I would much rather see them take care of the OL, but I am not going to jump up and down on the panic button, *yet*.

9. bkimble

bkimble Rookie

:spy:
    Our problem is still the same. Charley Casserly! Let me count the ways.
    First, he give Dave Carr a 8Mil dollar signing bonus, for what? What has Carr done in the last 4 years. I'll tell you, nothing. In fact, he has been the worst QB in the league. That make sense only to CC to reward a guy with a huge bonus who has done nothing for 4 years. Next, he give Weaver a hugh siging bonus. And than he signs Sage. Who in the hell is Sage? Casserly is the same guy who gave us:

1. Dave Carr (the worst QB in the NFL)
    2. Jason freaking Babin
    3. Phillip Bucannon
    4. No tight ends
    5. No center, no right tackle, no middle linebacker, no second reciever.

Casserly is worst than MM, the Detriot Lion's genereral manager. How bad does it have to get before Bob McNair wake up?

10. Wild.Bill

Wild.Bill Rookie

You are so wrong and definately have proven to be a complete non-football fan. David Carr is not the problem with this team. It has completely been the system they have been running. You will see, mark my words, a huge improvement in David Carr in running the offense. Weaver will help us tremendously in run defense, which is sorely needed.

I'm so sick of these David Carr bashers. It makes me wonder if people even watch the games and have a lick of football since.

11. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

to br honest fullback position is a position that is rapidly dying out, not used as much as they used to be.

12. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I still would love to see one guy signed in FA, that we (on the MB) could be happy about.... all of us. Yeah, it's hard to imagine. But Jonathan Arbraham...... I think we'd all be happy, Bentley, Mawae..... Hutch.... I don't think we should sign a whole team like Arizona did...... but you can imagine how excited they are.

Heck I can't wait to see the newlook Cards take the field.

13. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

I agree. Granted it was the St. Louis Swiss Cheese defense, but calling his own plays yielded markedly different results that the 'system' couldn't come close to duplicating in the 2nd half this year.

Let's try to remember that this won't be a 1 year turnaround... this is phase 1 of upgrades... anyone that thinks otherwise didn't watch last season's team as a whole.

14. BradK10

BradK10 Hall of Fame

Who? Quit posting and save face now...

15. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

I'm getting convinced that if the Broncos waived Champ Bailey and he came here people would complain about that as well. Weaver started for one of the better defenses in the league and is well thought of by coaches and scouts alike. This team needs a strongside DE and now they have one. There aren't a lot of options available in free agency and I doubt the team wants to pin their entire line hopes on a rookie DE. You can still add someone like Mario Williams, but they needed a veteran DE.

16. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

I know Jameel Cook probably isnt that amazing, because he is a 2nd string FB, you said that he makes differences in games???

I doubt it, because how can a 2nd string FB do better then the 1st string FB

If he did then the bucs would be releasing Mike Alstott instead of Jameel Cook, sooo hmmmm... I guess the bucs think the same way I do when I say this guy wont make much of difference on our Offense you retarded :loser

17. Wild.Bill

Wild.Bill Rookie

Like Casserly said, and I agree with.... This team will fill it's needs through free agency. The draft is such a crap shoot, that you cannot plan to fill a teams needs through the draft. Unfortunatley, fans seem to think you can.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

David Carr calls his own plays, the line can block, and give him time. Capers calls the offensive plays, the line can't block, David has no time. How can you explain this??

Look, I'm not blaming David Carr for our season(2-14)...... But you can't tell me he played well.

Remember a few years back, when Tampa's first two QBs, went down, and they had to stick ShaunKing into the starting line-up?? Remeber that word that became the catch phrase of the year?? Poise?? He had it.

Do you think Carr has much poise??

19. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

That is because Shaun King went to Tulane.

20. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Why would the Colts release Edge, why did the Vikings let Moss and Culpepper go? Why would the Bucs release a FA instead of someone on their payroll? Why do you ask such questions?