An Open Letter to Mr. Lestar Jean

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by rickyb, Aug 19, 2012.

1. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

Dear Mr. Jean,

You are looking to have a fine preseason, and I hope you make this team. That said, I have a concern. When you catch a pass for a first down, kindly give the ball to the official or simply put it on the ground (ahem, after the whistle). Please stop celebrating first downs -- it's beneath a professional. Save it for when and where it counts: the end zone. Please look to #80 for an example. This fan base does not suffer prima donnas kindly.

Keep up the good work, and know that despite the constructive criticism, I am rooting for you to succeed.

Best Regards,
    Rick

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

[​IMG]

3. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

Yes, I am familiar with a certain WR1 in DET, and I don't like it when he does it either, but I can tolerate a little bit because he is one of the best at his craft.

There are exceptions to the celebration "rule": 3rd and long, keeping a 4th quarter come-from-behind drive alive. Let's not turn my feedback into a debate of boundary conditions. If you disagree, that's great. Everyone has an opinion, and I expressed mine. I observed a pattern of behavior last night in Mr. Jean that started to scratch a certain sensitive nerve, made irritated by a certain WR who was recently shown the door. I don't want this to become a habit. Especially from someone who has yet to play a single snap of regular season NFL football.

4. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

That would be a funny picture to caption.

5. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk DieHard Texan!

At the risk of coming under fire from the OP, I disagree, respectfully. I quite enjoy the attitude possessed by the likes of Antonio Smith, Arian and Lestar. We need players like that. In my humble opinion. Plus, when I'm fired up after seeing the offense go stagnant, then Lestar helps us to continue moving the chains, by all means, let us know that's good for a Houston Texans....FIRST DOWN!!!!

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Kevin Walter almost always gives a first down signal.

7. htowntexans1985

htowntexans1985 1st Round Pick

AJ also did it after that big catch yesterday. Just sayin. :kitten:

8. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I like it when players celebrate. The only time I don't is when that guys team is losing by 35 with two minutes left to play.

9. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Rickyb, you want to give your observation/POV/opinion but do not want anyone to respond? Good luck with that! lol It is okay for you to give your feedback on a player but do not want any feedback on your view? Must be fun to live in your world. I watched gamed last night and am watching repeat right now & will look for that play. I don't recall any exaggerated celebration. I would think if it violated rules, referee would have penalized Texans.

Here's my feedback to you which I hope you receive in same manner you hope the target of your thread receives yours. I suggest you sit quietly where ever you watch our team with your hands in your laps. No verbal expressions of happiness or dismay. Certainly no cheers or amens. Act like you have watched an NFL game before. Just don't this around me because I get rather animated. In fact, I am rather proud of my trademark "Jump to my feet, take two small steps and do a field goal kick while loudly exclaiming OH YEAH! Whoo hoo!" to just about any positive play.

ATXtexanfan likes this.
  10. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

The only time this should be an issue is when we are in a hurry to score. Otherwise it's pretty common.

11. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

Really. Doesnt. Matter. Just as long he doesnt break our a sharpee or eat some popcorn and shake some pom-poms I dont care.

He needs to correct the announcers on how to pronounce his name. That bothers me more.

12. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Why are you guys answering Mr. Jean's letter?

13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I just watched two plays by Jean 3:58 & 2:36 of second quarter both resulted in first downs. Jean stands up and move his right hand in a motion referees give when marking the ball and showing progress. No wiggles, dances.etc. Much to do about nothing.

14. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    Well, because it's open. :D

Not to offend, but I do the exact same thing whether I'm in the stands or in my recliner. :kitten:

15. bhsman

bhsman All Pro

Another way Jean is just like Andre. :kitten:

16. Home team fan

Home team fan Rookie

I just saw his touchdown! Nothing but class afterwards. It's not bragging if you back it up!

17. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

You read other peoples mail in the stands or in your recliner? :specnatz:

18. Premier

Premier All Pro

Dear OP,

STFU and watch the game..

Your Pal,
    LeStar Jean

19. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

The OP would appreciate it if you'd stop doing that.

20. Premier

Premier All Pro

i recall kevin walter throwing the ball about 10 yards down field during the texans 2-minute drill in cincy.. poor ref had to run after it and mark the spot in a flash.. since the texans were in a hurry up..