Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

An Oilers/Texans Color Scheme ........

False Start

On # 69
I have always wondered what the Texans would have looked liked if they would have went with the old Oilers color scheme . I don't know why , I just think of things like this ? So , I did a little Photoshopping , and now I know ......

It wouldn't have been bad I guess . I still like the steel blue and battle red more . :texflag:

Click that thumbnail to see the full-sized version .

Columbia Blue........ errrrrrrrrrrrrrr powder blue can stay right where its at, but I see you working.

I'm glad we've got the dark blue helmets.

Interesting to see the Texans logo with smurf blue, tho'...

Interesting idea, but the red, white and blue that matches the Texas flag was the right color combo.

You do realize that the Oilers are now the franchise located in Tenn., right?

Is this some tribute to Vince everytime he returns to his other home stadium?

I'm confused .....

Blazing Arrow said:
You do realize that the Oilers are now the franchise located in Tenn., right?

When the Titans go with the oil derrick on a throwback uni, then I'll believe they embrace their past. Until then, it's only a matter of names and numbers in record books.

Is this some tribute to Vince everytime he returns to his other home stadium?

Why would he go back to Memorial Stadium in Austin? :um:

Blazing Arrow said:
I'm confused .....

Is this a confession? :D

When the Titans go with the oil derrick on a throwback uni, then I'll believe they embrace their past. Until then, it's only a matter of names and numbers in record books.

I still rock my throw backs in madden. I actually like them.

Why would he go back to Memorial Stadium in Austin? :um:

The Texans play at Reliant Stadium

Here was his last home coming. Notice all of his FANS chearing him on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqwtjyCfHQ

Notice at about the 1 min mark into it Ryans get left in the dust unable to tackle Young.

I still rock my throw backs in madden. I actually like them.

The virtual world is probably the only place that Bud will let the Titans pay homage to the oil derrick. Props to you for keeping it alive, though.

The Texans play at Reliant Stadium

yep, I'm well aware of it, especially considering that I've been to every home game since the beginning.

And since Vince Young has never been a player on the Houston Texans, it stands to reason that Reliant has never been his home field.

It's a shame that a man of his immense talent and potential harbors such strong (and hurt) feelings over a business decision like the NFL Draft. He needs to get over it, though, because he's living in the past by holding such a grudge. I'd hope his focus is on the present, considering the Titans will need all of his undivided attention they can get in 2007.

Notice all of his FANS chearing him on.

yeah, Houston - being in Texas and all - has a whole lot of Longhorn fans. But not so much Titans fan, considering these jerseys were hardly seen around these parts after the Texans swept them in 2004.

yep, I'm well aware of it, especially considering that I've been to every home game since the beginning.

And since Vince Young has never been a player on the Houston Texans, it stands to reason that Reliant has never been his home field.

It's a shame that a man of his immense talent and potential harbors such strong (and hurt) feelings over a business decision like the NFL Draft. He needs to get over it, though, because he's living in the past by holding such a grudge. I'd hope his focus is on the present, considering the Titans will need all of his undivided attention they can get in 2007.

yeah, Houston - being in Texas and all - has a whole lot of Longhorn fans. But not so much Titans fan, considering these jerseys were hardly seen around these parts after the Texans swept them in 2004.

I think the "hate" is embellished by the fans and media. I bet he could really careless as long as he gets his shot in the NFL. He just does not seem like that type of guy in the interviews I have seen. And his remarks regarding the Texans I think he just uses it a motivation when he plays to fire himself up. It does not hurt that on your first trip back you put up a 39 yard TD run in OT.

I think the "hate" is embellished by the fans and media. I bet he could really careless as long as he gets his shot in the NFL. He just does not seem like that type of guy in the interviews I have seen. And his remarks regarding the Texans I think he just uses it a motivation when he plays to fire himself up. It does not hurt that on your first trip back you put up a 39 yard TD run in OT.

I guess you never saw his interviews on all the talk shows he did after being drafted and the ones he did after last season.

I think the "hate" is embellished by the fans and media. I bet he could really careless as long as he gets his shot in the NFL.

I don't know...him running around Reliant yelling "this is my house" seems a bit emotional to me. He won the big game? No, he beat the lowly Texans. I guess that's something to hang his hat on, though.

I don't know...him running around Reliant yelling "this is my house" seems a bit emotional to me. He won the big game? No, he beat the lowly Texans. I guess that's something to hang his hat on, though.
I'd love to have a QB that got emotional after a game...well, other than "I had fun" in a 24-12 loss.

I love that Texans uniform in Oiler blue...put a derrick on that helmet and that would have been an awesome Oiler uniform....all things considered, I'll keep the Texans colors since my Oilers are dead. I would say RIP...but there is no rest in peace when it comes to the old Oiler team I grew up with....sadly.

I'd love to have a QB that got emotional after a game...well, other than "I had fun" in a 24-12 loss.

I do not disagree! Fortunately, we no longer have this problem.

I just take exception with a flaming meatball fan tries to tell me that Reliant Stadium is their QB's 'home field' because a bunch of Longhorn fans invade the place once a season.

See, the thing is most Texans fans have moved beyond fretting over the 2006 draft. What's done is done, and it's time to move on. But apparently some folks need the extra motivation when their talent should be more than enough to get them through. But hey, if crying over spilt milk is what some do, then that's their thing and nothing for me to lose sleep over.

And to Blazing Arrow, I never said the word "hate", so don't try to straw man the discussion with all that nonsense.

Back