An Idea so Crazy it might be Brilliant

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by awtysst, Jul 22, 2008.

1. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

So I had an idea today that was so crazy it might just be brilliant. Here it it is. The Houston Texans trade their 2nd and 5th round picks in next year's draft to Green Bay for Brett Favre.

Rick Smith then gets on the phone and calls up the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears and tell them we need a 1st and 5th for Favre. I think Minnesota would jump at this deal. They know that GB would NEVER trade Favre to them and if we act as the middle man, I bet we can basically turn our 2nd into a 1st rounder and then swap 5ths. If Minnesota wants Favre they have to go through a middle man. Why don't we be that middle man?

So, what do yall think of my idea.

2. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Texan_Bill likes this.
  3. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

where's that bud light ad?

4. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

We could do it once...and never be trusted again. Not worth it.

5. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

I don't think the League would aprove such a deal, I believe they approve all trades, but very creative. Plus I wouldn't give a 1st and a 5th for a 2 year player at best even though I love Brett Favre, but once again great idea!

6. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I think GB would smell a rat. Maybe I'm giving GB too much credit, but I think they would see that coming.

7. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Why not just trade Sage for him straight up?

just posted this on another board, since its relevant here it is

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nconroe
    Absolutely a bad idea for any team. Farve has been pretty bad last several years, ok, last year better than previous several, just luck. He needs to retire. He was good in what was it, 1993, not 2008.

JUST LUCK?

Favre 2007 stats
    RAT 95.7 YARDS 4155 TD 28 INT 15
    Takes Green Bay to the NFC Champoinship game while surrounded by arguably less talent than any other playoff team and comes up just 3 pionts shy of beating eventual World Champion NY Giants and going to the SUPERBOWL! JUST LUCK?

Matt Schaub 2007 STATS
    RAT 87.2 YDS 2,241 TD 9 INT 9

Sage Rosenfels 2007 STATS
    RAT 84.8 YDS 1,684 TD 15 INT 12

Favre hasnt missed a game since 1993. Thats 16 games a year for 15 years. Some of you need to get a grip on youre perspective of this team. You are all feeling a little to warm and fuzzy about the Texans. I have high hopes to but cmon man, if we have a chance to get one of the premier QB's of the last 15 years we should jump all over it. Yeh were building a winner here and going about the right way but the QB position is the most important position there is.

You really think Shaub would mind being tudored by a HOF QB for the next couple of years? Do you honestly believe Favres presence would harm this teams growth? One of the beggest question marks about this team is whether or not Schaub is ready/capable of being the leader of this team. He (Shaub) could learn from one of if not the best leaders the NFL has ever had.

We dont know for sure if Shaub can last a whole year. Sage is a FA after next year. Do you honestly think he'll be back? I know it wont happen but if you could get Favre for a 3rd or 4th round pick or even for Sage, DO IT NOW!

This was in responce to this thread.
    http://www.inthebullseye.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110
    the OP was this

(from NFL Network)Adam Schefter reports that the best team to transition to from the Packers would be the Houston Texans. He said they do have alot of money tied up in Matt Schaub so might not happen.

8. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Rep coming your way.

Someone once wrote "A lie may take care of the present, but it has no future." (I don't remember the author)

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I agree, and I also think we need to stick with Schaub and give him his chance.

10. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Got it for ya. I owed disaacks3 from well spoken wisdom a few days back anyway.

Just got this in my inbox folks............

[​IMG]

It's about time for some football!

11. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I bet somebody'll do it, maybe Atlanta, Baltimore, or San Fran.

12. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

i think the packers would sue the texans

13. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

*start clapping slowly, with everyone else joining*

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!!

Wait a minute.....

so you want us to spend three 2nd round picks and 4 draft picks total on QBs, in the last two years? especially when the 2nd QB is like 50years old with no guaranteed that we would get better value back, or that he'll even be wanted by other teams.

If other teams do want him, wouldn't they hop on that trade with GB the minute he becomes available?

Not to mention that we're still working on trading another back-up QB for a 2nd rounder.[​IMG]

So, with that say, I take back my clapping and reject the idea.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

The idea is slick, but I don't think it's the best course of action. After what this team has been through, it really doesn't need to start outsmarting itself.

15. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

16. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

furthermore, it was already stated by the nfl that the packers would put a clause in the trade that he couldn't be traded again for at least a year.

17. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

LOL. Sheftner reported tonight that the packers have contacted no less than twenty teams to test the market. We turned our nose at the Minnesoda offer for Sage. I Kinda doubt they'll turn over the Texan's QB cart two days before camp starts. Ah yeah we have one of the best QB situations in the NFL at QB. Lets jam the up '09 draft, deflate our two guys egos, and throw the season down the toilet before we even set foot in camp.... for a forty year old gun slinger who throws as many interceptions as TDs ? Farve needs to be a good soldier and just fade away.

NFW

where's that band picture ?

Thompson is going to have to trade him or release him outright. If he's on the roster they gotta pay him. I don't think the trade and trade idea will work either. Sherriff Rodger will not sit still for any colusion. Two teams conspiring to screw a third team ...with in their own division....Rodger won't let that stand. Especailly with the jackA$$ senator from Pa., Arlene Spector nipping at his heels.

18. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Minnesota would laugh at us and only offer a 4th round pick knowing we would be in the same mess Green Bay is currently in if we couldn't deal Favre.

19. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

The only thing that would stop any group of teams from trading a player multiple times, would be a clause that prevents further trading of that player as previously stated.

Goodell can't stop a trade like that, simpy because the Packers don't want the Vikings to have Favre. One team acting as a middle man for another to acquire a player is not collusion, and the Packers would not be getting screwed either.

I still don't think any trade involving the Texans and Favre is going to happen.

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Aside from the fact this is a ridiculous idea, we don't need Favre and all the media distraction he brings at our TC for our first playoff season.