Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ample turnover may include RB Jones

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...bears,1,6045629.story?coll=cs-bears-headlines

INDIANAPOLIS -- Expect the Bears to accommodate running back Thomas Jones' apparent request for a trade as best they can. Presume they will expend just as much effort in trying to ignore the same request from linebacker Lance Briggs.

Forget the idea of free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia being overpaid to challenge Rex Grossman or Brian Griese. But warm up the notion of Pro Bowl return man Devin Hester getting a long look on offense.

My only issue with taking Jones is if he needs a day 1 pick. The Texans have too many holes to plug to give up Day 1 spots.

I am curious to see why everyone wants out of chicago right now. They were very close to winning the super bowl, without their mvp (tommie harris). Including Ron Rivera... even though I think the charger gig he will find more success.

The bears don't really have another team challenging them. Their are two elite teams in the nfc as opposed to like 6 in the afc.

I think this was inevitable. The Bears couldn't go on forever with Jones and Benson, and Rivera is too good of a defensive coach to not move on. I figure money had more to do with it all than any team problems.

Why would you want a trade off a superbowl team your a starter on??

If he is happy as Bear why is it in his best interest to leave??

Is it a money thing? In that case no why I want him.

Actually I don't think I would want to sign anyone demanding a trade.

from Jeremy Green's chat on espn.com today:

Joe (AZ via Chicago): Greener, Happy Friday! Thomas Jones just announced he wants out of Chicago... Who's a good fit for a trade? Giants/Jets? Cleveland? Can we get a 3, or is a 2nd day pick more likely? Also, do you see the Bears possibly addressing WR in round 1? Given the deep class, someone is bound to fall (Meachem or S. Rice maybe?). Our OL needs are mostly RT and G which can be gotten later. Thanks!

Jeremy Green: The Jets, Browns, Houston, Green Bay, Giants. They will not get a first day pick. I think the Bears are looking at OG Ben Grubbs or the WR that falls. Today I would say that guy is Meechem.

This opens up 2 possible scearios that would benefit us greatly:
(1) A trade for Jones. I don't know what he would command but we could offer Carr, possibly Babin, or a second or third rounder.

(2) Cleveland trades for Jones which increases the probablility of AP falling to us.

Obviously the second scenario is perferable but I would take either.

or a second or third rounder.

I'm with the ESPN guy. I think there is absolutely zero chance of a 2nd round pick and very little chance of a third with their guy bitching and moaning to be traded. Running backs are like used cars. The value goes down real damn fast. I think it would be nice to get Jones for the next few years. I just don't want to give up too much considering he won't be an integral part of any team we are making anything resembling a deep playoff run with.

This opens up 2 possible scearios that would benefit us greatly:
(1) A trade for Jones. I don't know what he would command but we could offer Carr, possibly Babin, or a second or third rounder.

(2) Cleveland trades for Jones which increases the probablility of AP falling to us.

Obviously the second scenario is perferable but I would take either.

I agree, I would let Cleveland have Jones if it significantly increased our chances of AP.

Back