Ammo for trading up

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by barrett, Apr 26, 2011.

1. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

I was trying to compile a list of players that the Texans could use as ammunition in a trade up deal with Buffalo that would ensure them getting one of three guys that could be impact players. I was disappointed by how few options we would actually have. Can you think of others?

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Draft picks are valued highly when compared to players - its rare to see a player fetch anywhere near his value in comparison to picks.

AJ , a perenial pro bowl player wouldnt get you up to #3 .... /end thread.

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

There can't be any players traded, yet. I doubt that's resolved by tomorrow night.

I think you answered your own question, and the Texans have nothing they can afford to trade with that would be attractive to another team. I would say Antonio Smith, but you are just opening another hole on defense. And his contract may be untradeable. Trading up with Buffalo is much too expensive (and frankly very foolish).

4. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

our only ammo is crapload of picks, i can see it now, von miller to the texans for entire 2012 draft, oh wait , von miller tears acl on excercise bike. this team is more than one player away

5. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

Actually, technically they can. Judge Nelson gave the NFLPA* until 9am this morning to respond to the NFL's request for a stay. Unless she rules in favor of the stay, the lockout is still lifted in theoretically, players under contract would be available to be traded. The issue is that the clubs have decided to refrain from "participating", thus they may choose not to trade players but technically, they can. Judge Nelson very well may rule against the stay and the League will have to make some sort of decision. It could happen before Thursday. It's not likely, but it doesn't mean it's not a possibility

6. nut

nut All Pro

Anybody think Cushing has trade value?