Am I the only one rootin' for Young to be drafted?!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by johnny_tlmn, Mar 28, 2006.

1. johnny_tlmn

johnny_tlmn Guest

Look fellow Texan fans this is a once in a lifetime guarantee that either us or (I hope not) another team gettin' a rare talent that can clearly help any team out especially at comebacks not just lookin' at the Rose Bowl but other games as well any opinions?! Or do ya''ll think otherwise?:um:

bigcarlos likes this.
  2. jacquescas

jacquescas Hall of Fame

yes you are.

did we really need another thread on this?

3. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

I agree, he needs to go sit in his closet and talk to himself a little more. It will help his dreaming abilities. Maybe he thought it was 4:20.

4. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Your argument can also go towards Reggie Bush. Do you forget that before the draft he was being compared to Gale Sayers and Barry Sanders? The Texans would be really dumb to draft Vince. For one, we have David Carr. We gave him the extension. End of story. Should we draft Vince and he get's a contract similar to the one Alex Smith got last year that's 2 QB's that we're paying an arm and a leg for. Not gonna happen. Hope your dreams weren't shattered.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

You're only allowed to root for Running Backs, Defensive ends, Offensive Tackles, Tight ends, Safeties.......... anyone really. Even Quarterbacks, as long as it isn't Vince Young..... that is not allowed. You will be put under a microscope, your football knowledge, and your team support will be questioned.

ONly offensive linemen, #2 Corners, and #2 WRs suck....... you are allowed to criticize all running backs, and linebakers, but try not to be too rough, we'll more than likely need to root for them in the upcoming season.

the starting Quarterback, is off limits, so before you go there.......... don't.

6. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Wait a minute. Who is this Vince Young guy, and why haven't I heard of him before?

7. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

How is he better than Bush.....how is Bush better than VY? They play different positions......they are uncomparable.

8. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

yes, you stand alone.

now, please remove yourself from this board.

9. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

Turn up your sarc meter a notch or three.

You are arguing with the only person that has agreed with you so far.

10. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I am a Reggie guy, but on NFL Network today it said the Texans front office would be having dinner & meetings with Reggie the day before USC proday & the same with VInce Young on April 6. Hope it is just to wish Vince the best in Oakland. . .

11. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

Explain to me your reasons on what talents he has and what he does best. Then I will throw something at you like, STUPID: Wunderlich=6, Slow: I thought he could run under 4.5?, and Can't read a defense: Why did Mack Brown change his offense last season? By the way, did you know that just about every player on NFL defenses are faster than that WR that has a strong arm?

12. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I like Young. I think he will be a solid QB. However, I am with Houston no matter who they pick. I am with the team for the long run, not just till the draft.

13. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

It will answer no questions, in fact, it will only create more questions. Your argument is full of holes and flaws, and you seem to only be agreeing with yourself.

14. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Sir please put down the keyboard and step away from the computer.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Mann, I'd love to hang with you, but I don't have the stamina I thought I used to have.

These guys have wupped me......... I'm(we) are outnumbered, & outgunned.

Doesn't mean we are wrong......... doesn't mean that I'll have to return my #10 jersey...

16. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

17. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

I guess it's the same reason those people outside of Texas thought UT had no shot at beating the "MIGHTY" USC.

bigcarlos likes this.
  18. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Ok, let's start here to cure your 'Vince-anity'... The Texans don't 'get' anybody in their current spot. That player 'gets' the Texans. You make it sound like we should be wooing Vince Young to come play in Houston.

With the #1 pick, we select the best player out there, Reggie Bush, and with that selection, we bring in a boatload of talent with the minimal risk associated. That is why he is rated #1 by so many.

Start dealing with separation anxiety now because it won't happen, look at all the FA selections, they point to Reggie Bush coming in house. Trading down seems further away than ever.

19. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

You win two in a row.

20. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

BRAVO! Ih there were a stupid smiley that represented a standing ovation, I would put about 300 of them on the page.
    GAME. SET. MATCH. HULK.

Vince is quality, but there are questions about him. I expect nothing more than for everyone of his teammates to back him up, as you get with just about every other top draft pick. That is why they call it gravy training.... pull up to the gravy boat and get yours!

If there weren't he would be slated higher in the draft. Top 7 picks ain't a bad thing at ALL!