Am I the Only One feeling sick???

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by The Dream, Sep 10, 2006.

1. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Mario Williams was worthless today, meanwhile Bush gets over 160 total yards....I know it's a long season but I have a feelin we'll be seeing a lot more of this for years to come.

2. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

I'm only sick at all of the Bush dong-riding just because they beat on one of the weakest teams in the AFC, while we dealt with a top-tier NFC team.

3. BEERnBBQ

BEERnBBQ Veteran

i feel kinda nautious myself. i dont know if its from the game or the beer

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I feel you. People will say that Cleveland can't stop the run anyway, but I thought Bush looked better than McCallister, and Deuce is a great RB. Also, Cleveland has a stud LB in Davis.

Also, the Eagles have historically had trouble with the zone blocking scheme. Looks like they ate the Texans RBs for lunch.

5. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I'm sorry but Bush is gonna be a stud.....dude has way too much raw talent to be a bust.....Williams is exactly what I expected him to be.........mediocre.....

6. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Your not the only one, I am wiping my toilet seat down for the 5th time :ohsnap: today....

7. RocKetHtown

RocKetHtown Rookie

Super M needs to start geting to the QB...So we can move on from the bush crap:shoot:

8. BEERnBBQ

BEERnBBQ Veteran

thanks for saying that. Bush had good numbers.wow 160 yds vs cleveland. no offense to browns fans but their D ain't the eagles D

9. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

first game of the season. When we only rush 4 guys, he's going to get double teamed the majority of the game. As for Bush, yeah, he'll probably average this the rest of the season. You do some punt returns, catch, and run, you're total yardage will be up.

10. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Yes we will be sick after today, hearing on ESPN how bush rolled over the DAWG pound in Cleveland........someone shoot the press it has already started:shoot:

11. JMAC

JMAC Rookie

you are callin it crap because its gettin to you that this was a bad bad pick, and you dont want to get reminded of it, but you will for the next decade...

12. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Reggie has lived up to the hype thus far.

13. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

i thought including return yards on player stats was a college thing...

14. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

Reggie made a difference today....that is the main point...he's a difference making player.......Mario was awful.

15. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

160 yards total sucks against the Browns. Rudi Johnson will rush for that many against the Browns.

16. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Well the week couldnt start out worse. Losing to the iggles is bad enough.. now we gotta deal with the whiners who get starry eyed looking at stats.

I am going to make a vow.

As of right now, i vow not to take part in any Bush vs. Mario debates on this board until the 2009 season (3 years) when we actually have something worthwhile to talk about.

17. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

you guys act like Reggie didn't make a difference today....his stats were great, because he was great.

18. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

I have said this for months. It was a huge mistake. We should have taken Bush. There was no question in my mind then, and none now.

Having said that, we can't change history, so I stopped griping, and was just crossing my fingers that Williams would be a beast. At this point, Mario needs to at least be a factor early in his career. He doesn't have to be Reggie White...yet. But, he needs to make his presence felt out there. So far, EXTREMELY unimpressed with him. Obviousely, the book has not been written on him, and he could still come on and make huge strides, that's why I said "so far". But, after hearing excuses about it's preseason, and he is doubled, and blah, blah, blah, it's obvious, Mario is at least careening down the road toward bustville. And, who would be suprised? The NFL is littered with Dlineman taken this high who went out to be big fat zeros.

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

we gave up 400+ yards on defense.. Reggie plays defense??????????

20. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

no but we sure could've used Reggie in the backfield......point being Reggie would've made a difference on offense, Mario DIDN'T make a difference on Defense.....it still sucks even with his addition.