All you Reggie lovers better run and hide

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Marcus, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Can you say overhyped?

I got to see this 'future Gale Sayers' get chased down by a linebacker on the outside, stuffed on the inside, and outperformed by a better pro prospect, Lendale White. I wanted to see how he would do against some decent competition, so I could have some idea how he would do in the NFL.

I was so impressed. :rolleyes:

Trade the pick and let's get some decent players.

Texans_Chick and Runner like this.
  2. txnfan4eva

txnfan4eva Rookie

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! Finally someone sees the light!!!!

3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

Not many on this board will want to trade the pick now. They will want to pick Vince with the number one pick!

4. zeplin

zeplin Veteran

Amen Brother
    Reggie WHO?????:homer:

5. UzaHO

UzaHO Rookie

You failed to mention he had 90 yards recieving. He is still in my optinion one of the more dynamic playmakers coming out of college.

6. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

The Texas defense was certainly more of a challenge than Fresno State's. Leinart looked good. I'd think Young would come out now that his legacy is secure. The draft is going to be VERY interesting.

Everybody buckle your seatbelts.

7. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

Seriously,

It is fine to disagree on how to use the number one pick, but are you saying that our pick should be based on one single college game? How many games of Brick's have you watched and graded? NFL scouts will evaluate Bush and others during individual workouts and combines, etc. and watch film throughout a season(s) - not on a single game. Kid has incredible burst, great hands and picked up some great blocks during UT blitzes. I don't mean to lecture, but it sounds like a somewhat uninformed argument that you are attempting to make...

8. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

LenDale White clearly showed he will be the better NFL back. He got the tough yards up the middle. I'd would take him anyday over Bush. Of course, I don't really want a running back in this draft. Hopefully he will stay for senior year and we'll see how he comes out next year.

9. txnfan4eva

txnfan4eva Rookie

I have to give Bush his props, he is athletic, but not worthy of the number 1 pick. He just faced a top ranked team and a very good defense and didn't do much of anything. In the NFL, at RB, speed isn't everything. Look at all the great RBs in history and see how many of them were truly that fast.

10. NWTexan Fan

NWTexan Fan Rookie

So true...as I was watching the game I KNEW that there would be umpteen threads saying "Bush Sucks!"

If you don't think Bush is right for Houston, then you don't. But to say "Gee, now that I've watched the Rose Bowl, Houston shouldn't pick him" is the most unintelligent thing I've heard.

11. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

Reggie Bush = Tony Hollings

12. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I've been under the impression for some time that Bush's skill set will not translate well into the NFL at the running back position. I am not saying he's not a playmaker, but he's not going to be able to get the corner against NFL-speed defenses. He's not going to have all the open space in the NFL that he had against Oregon or Fresno State, for instance. He's going to have to run between the tackles, break some tackles, and make people miss in tight traffic. He hasn't shown he can do that, IMO (not tonight, not all year). I have been saying for a long while and tonight drives it home a bit more for me -- Bush is the next coming of Eric Metcalf. He's not an NFL running back. LenDale White's style of running translates well into the NFL and that is the back I'd like to see in Houston to complement DD (maybe not White specifically, but a 235-lb. athletic back).

13. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

272 all purpose yards 1 TD seriously sucks.

From CBS, Reggie Bush Stats:

82 rush 1 TD
    89 rec
    101 kickoff

To each his own.

14. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

I'm not a huge bush and I dont realy care if we take him Vince or trade. But Texas was playing more DB to help control bush. Which helped L White. Also IMO Bush didnt seem to be a big part of the Trojan's offensive plans.

15. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Worst comparison of all time.
    I realy hope you were being Sarcastic.

16. DeclanJr

DeclanJr Rookie

I don't care if it is unintelligent, after watching Reggie tonight I am convinced that we should trade the pick! Before tonight I would have said take him with the #1 pick, but things change and players come out in big games!!! Trade the pick unless Vince Young comes out...:drool:

17. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

VY is going to think tonight about coming out. He just talked about it in his interview on ESPN

18. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

Right, now we need to pick up a rookie quarterback to help right the ship. Come on, let's have a serious dialogue on this...

19. bubbajaxonbrown

bubbajaxonbrown Rookie

I just think whomever plays better against the best opposition is the BEST. The UT Defense was the best opposition USC had seen all year. Unfortunately the Ohio State Defense was the best UT had seen all year. I have seen Young play like this week in and week out in the Big 12 and if he came out this year I would seriously push for him to be our #1 pick and focus on the future.

20. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

Look at my avatar and I'll gladl'y say Reggie WHO? Trade down or bring on Vince. USC showed the faith they had in Bush by sitting him in the 2nd half.