All Hail Super Mario!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Dec 14, 2007.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

The Around the Horn guys were still trying to discredit Mario's draft status last week and switched their pick from Bush (their unanimous pick after the draft...other than Michael Smith who picked Mario and practically got booed off the panel) to Young and claimed its not how they play on the field...its that the team needs star power LOL!!!

The Texans just sold out their 59th consecutive game and i've never seen the Houston crowd get behind any player in Texans history like they've gotten behind Mario since the New Orleans game after the bye week. Tonight everyone was chanting "MA-RI-O" everytime he got a sack or made a tackle and he literally got a standing ovation after the game from the fans when he left the field to chants of "MA-RI-O". If that's not star power WITH on-field results then I dont know what is!!!

Couple that with the fact he's 22 years old and is STILL learning how to properly rush the passer plus he's proven his toughness last season playing with plantar fasciitis over the last half of the season with pain so bad he couldn't even practice and had to take pain shots before every game and I am not trading Mario for Vince, Reggie, or whoever else the media claims should've went # 1 in 06 over the guy they labeled a bust before he played a down.

ALL HAIL SUPER MARIO!!!

PS: The coolest thing ever was hearing the Super Mario video game music played after his last solo sack.

2. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

3. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Mario showed a lot tonight. For one of the first times I saw a flawless spin move out of Mario that almost got him a sack. I saw a great juke, stumble, and then he picked himself up to sack Cutler. He just looked in the zone. Just keep your head on straight Mario. Don't get full of yourself. :texflag:

Oh yeah and I watched that Around the Horn you are talking about. It was so dumb. At least Mariotti gave Smith props for predicting Mario Williams would be a good pick.

4. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

As far as this game goes, It wasn't just the recorded sacks that got my attention. Mario looked like he was a step away from 5 or 6 more. Cutler will have will be hearing that nintendo music in his sleep for several weeks. BTW Will Demps played his ass off tonight! I need to go to the Demps=Answer post to finish this....

5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

The Around the Horn guys are as close as you can get to being mentally retarded without having an extra chromosome. Are they kidding me? "Star power?" How about results on the field? That show is complete garbage.

I questioned the pick. I thought we need a spark on offense and Busy was the way to go. My mind wasn't changed last season. But Mario has flipped the switch this year. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 3 1/2 sacks tonight?! If he doesn't get to go to the pro bowl, there's just something horribly wrong with the NFL.

I think we need to petition the Texans to wear all battle red every damn game. Super Mario needs his red overalls!

6. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

i will gratuitously take this opprotunity to point out that i was right about Mario Williams all along.

7. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

That was you? So who were the other three?

8. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

1st q when cutler threw deep (incomplete) to marshall, right? that was a pretty sweet move alright.. tried another one later but not as effective- i dont know about everyone else but i love watching our D play cos of mario- every snap i look for where he is pre-snap and follow him.. hows that for an 'unsexy' pick

9. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

We stopped by the Texans Shop in Budweiser Plaza last night when the game was over and bunches of people were buying blue overalls and big, puffy white gloves. I think you will see lots of fans in the stands at the next game dressed as Super Mario!! Kudos to whoever thought of stocking a Super Mario costume in the shop.:mario3:

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Just wait until Mario starts getting the Calls he deserve.

They were holding him all night, even when they doubled him.

When we start getting those calls, and teams really start trying to compensate for him, Amobi, TJ, Cochran, Demeco are going to cause some real HAVOC.

Fox likes this.
  11. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Present and accounted for. :texflag:

12. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

They were holding him on his second sack, and it STILL didn't even matter.

Mario on the post game show was classic. Signing the praises of Jethro Franklin and Richard Smith, and blinding Deion with the diamonds in his ears.

All Hail Super Mario!!! Indeed.

13. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

I was number 3

14. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I heard that on TV...I bet it would have been bada** to hear it in person.

15. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

I thought the Super Mario music was great.

It was a very fun night. The team is really looking up. To bad we have had all of the injuries and turnovers or we would be looking at a legit shot of making the playoffs.

16. brip

brip Rookie

17. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I've been on board with the pick since day one. Doubts have crept up along the way, but I'm glad that he's proved us wrong.

Everyone who ever piled on should congratulate themselves now. We finally pissed him off enough to really break loose.

18. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i'm pretty sure i heard the crowd chanting "mario" (ala vs. KC) thru the tv.

19. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Very true. Now that Mario is getting press maybe they will finally call the holding that has been going on all season. He has caused a number of false starts because they can't hide those, but the holding has been almost criminal and uncalled.

20. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

The Debriefing had props for Mario and Texans Chick

linky