Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All Day AP

What a great player - and he's still beneath the radar if you consider his remarkable accomplishments in such a brief period of time.
When this guy squares his shoulders and heads downfield, you see instantly what a great running back is all about.
Here's my question: when do we start seeing the hype about how those other
6 teams picking before the Vikes blew it in this years college Draft ?

This is how Earl came into the league. Campbell was rookie of the year, NFL rushing champion and NFL MVP in 1978. I don't think Peterson can get MVP because of Tom Brady, but his year will likely end up even more impressive than Earl's was statistically.

thus spake zarathustra.

What a great player - and he's still beneath the radar if you consider his remarkable accomplishments in such a brief period of time.
When this guy squares his shoulders and heads downfield, you see instantly what a great running back is all about.
Here's my question: when do we start seeing the hype about how those other
6 teams picking before the Vikes blew it in this years college Draft ?
i still think the Raiders should've taken him with the #1 pick. or Calvin Johnson. can't go wrong either way.

So in other words you are condoning tanking games? That is what you got flamed for and you deserved it.

However, I would want the Browns to beat us fair and square. If we would have intentionally lost the game to get a higher pick, I'd stop watching the Texans and wouldn't be a fan anymore.

You do realize we were tanking games on purpose back in 2005 to get Bush right? Its amazing how Brown suddenly became a clutch kicker

Losing to the Browns would have been a better football move than beating them, so yeah, I'm in favor of losing if it helps the team for years to come.

I don't know if the Texans would have taken AD if they had lost to the Browns. Is it possible they would have still been more interested in getting a deal for a quarterback?

I don't know if the Texans would have taken AD if they had lost to the Browns. Is it possible they would have still been more interested in getting a deal for a quarterback?

If Kubes thought he had a shot at Quinn, he would probably never make the Schaub trade in the first place.

You do realize we were tanking games on purpose back in 2005 to get Bush right? Its amazing how Brown suddenly became a clutch kicker

Losing to the Browns would have been a better football move than beating them, so yeah, I'm in favor of losing if it helps the team for years to come.

Yeah because the Texans took Bush ...............

Oh wait that is only in your reality.

i still think the Raiders should've taken him with the #1 pick. or Calvin Johnson. can't go wrong either way.

that is because you are not a moron...AP and CJ were no-brainers as best players in this past draft...a lot of GMs are just stupid and over think their picks and use their depth charts to determine draft picks (casserley and the texans come to mind)

yes, because of poor drafting between 1999-2004. this year's draft class looks great though so far.

Sure....if you think Samson Satele was the only player drafted this year.:specnatz:

Ted Ginn has had an outstanding year. 3 games started pulling in 7 balls for 141 yards and 1 TD.

I reckon you forgot to add this in your post.:sarcasm:

sigh. i don't pretend to tell Texans fans that i know more about their team than they do. let's return the favor thx. the '07 class is fine. Ginn is getting better and better every game in every aspect of his play. blaming the 0-8 record on anyone in this draft class is idiotic, since they're either A) playing well or B) not playing at all. blame Jason Allen, last year's first rounder, who's horrendous and probably won't be on the roster this time next year.

While I think Ginn was selected too soon and probably a reach, it doesn't change the fact that the guy's a playmaker.

Need I remind y'all that he had like a 50 yard kick off return that was really close to going all the way against us AND while he had 1 reception during the game it was a big play (35+) that almost went the distance too. Of course he was an integral part of the -9 yd loss that ended Trent Green's season.

if the charger's d had any self-respect, they should at least bow their heads in shame when they go pick up their game checks.

Back