Alex Brown from Chicago to be reportedly released today - Adam Schefter

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Second Honeymoon, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

This couldn't be an April Fool's Joke, right?

per Schefter's twitter, he said the Bears have told Brown he will be released today.

Brown is a damn good pass rusher and is very crafty. Maybe he could teach Mario a few moves and improve our defense in the process.

C'mon Texans. Sign this guy. He brings the heat.

i can't believe the Bears released him but I guess he wanted an extension especially after Peppers monster deal.

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I saw on KFFL.com that he sent out a Twitter saying thanks to all the Chicago Bear fans.

I imagine he would be put in alot of trouble with the FO if he sent out info like that as an April fool's joke. That joke would cause for lots of calls to be answered and potentially cost the organization money. I think it is true, but I also fell for the TO joke.

I wouldn't mind having him. Smith would just have to move inside.

Bears | A. Brown tweets farewell to team and fans
    Comment (0)
    Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:49:31 -0700

ESPNChicago.com reports Chicago Bears DE Alex Brown thanked the organization and fans on his Twitter account Tuesday, March 30. Brown tweeted, "I am extremely grateful for my time as a Chicago Bear and I wish the Bears the best. I am glad that they gave me an opportunity to realize a dream I had as a child. I appreciate the fans but as we all know this is the nature of the business. Bear down!"

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz0js9HA7tw

3. pbat488

pbat488 gig 'em

This guys gonna get a lot of action out on the market, gonna be fairly expensive to get his services IMO.

4. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

I'm sure this is because of the Julius Peppers signing like Second Honeymoon mentioned.

5. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

You had to know somebody was leaving after they shelled out a fortune for Peppers.

6. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity