1    10    Jacksonville Jaguars    Blaine Gabbert    QB    Missouri
1    11    Houston Texans          J. J. Watt        DE    Wisconsin
1    12    Minnesota Vikings       Christian Ponder  QB    Florida State
1    13    Detroit Lions           Nick Fairley      DT    Auburn
1    14    St. Louis Rams          Robert Quinn      DE    North Carolina
1    15    Miami Dolphins          Mike Pouncey      C     Florida
1    16    Washington Redskins     Ryan Kerrigan     DE    Purdue

Texans discussed trading up to #6 for Patrick Peterson,

And when he was gone at #5 considered keeping the trade on for Aldon Smith at #6.

Story is Wade talked them into standing pat, then taking Watt.

Our fortunes could've been much different, but what a great position-player draft in 1st.

http://mediatakeout.com/279536/mto-...girlfriend-dude-is-in-jail-now.html/?partners

August 7, 2015: MediaTakeOut.com told you guys a few weeks ago - that Aldon Smith's LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND Nessa - from MTVs Guy Code, is now seeing Aldon's TEAMMATE Colin Kaeperneck. Well DRAMA POPPED OFF at yesterdays 49ers TRAINING CAMP.

According to one of our MTOers within the organization - there are rumors in camp that Colin and Aldon got into a CONFRONTATION last night - and that Aldon SMASHED UP COLIN'S brand new Mercedes.

Aldon was arrested last night, and charged with DUI, hit and run, and vandalism. He;s currentli in the Santa Clara County Jail’s

Story is Wade talked them into standing pat, then taking Watt.

1st time I've heard it related quite like that. I've always heard it as a generic 'once Peterson was gone, there was a discussion about making the trade and taking Smith but we decided not to make a trade.'

...Aldon Smith's LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND Nessa - from MTVs Guy Code, is now seeing Aldon's TEAMMATE Colin Kaeperneck...

Oh, the drama!
drama.png

http://mediatakeout.com/279536/mto-...girlfriend-dude-is-in-jail-now.html/?partners

August 7, 2015: MediaTakeOut.com told you guys a few weeks ago - that Aldon Smith's LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND Nessa - from MTVs Guy Code, is now seeing Aldon's TEAMMATE Colin Kaeperneck. Well DRAMA POPPED OFF at yesterdays 49ers TRAINING CAMP.

According to one of our MTOers within the organization - there are rumors in camp that Colin and Aldon got into a CONFRONTATION last night - and that Aldon SMASHED UP COLIN'S brand new Mercedes.

Aldon was arrested last night, and charged with DUI, hit and run, and vandalism. He;s currentli in the Santa Clara County Jail’s

Oh, the drama!
drama.png

Sounds like an episode from Ballers

http://www.hbo.com/ballers/index.html

That is how Wade tells it...

Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
Texans were very close to taking Smith over Watt. But Wade Phillips won the argument and got JJ.​

That's not how Wade tells it. That's how Dale tweets it.

But thanks I had missed that one. I have a hard time with taking tweets too seriously about conversations. They typically lack quotes so you don't know who if anyone is speaking, whether it's surmise, statement, etc. They're so short they leave out detail. Anyway...

Taken as literal that tweet seems to blow the theory on Wade being promised the 1st pick. No argument to be had if it was Wade's pick.

Aldon Smith and Ray Rice will either become Dallas Cowboys or their careers are over. But wow, Aldon Smith is still young and has superstar potential. Just a few years ago many people rated him as the 2nd best defensive player and pass rusher in the game after J.J. Watt. Some had him in their top 5. He was certainly an all pro talent.

I wish the Texans would express interest in Aldon Smith and Ray Rice but Bob McNair would never allow it. He preaches excellent moral fiber with his honorable Christian beliefs. And also Aldon Smith likely faces a year long, 16-game suspension anyways. Especially after his previous suspension was a lengthy 9 games and this is his 5th major violation in relation to the NFL conduct guidelines. Aldon Smith likely won't be back on the field until Week 1 of the 2016 season. He can relax his body and get himself mentally stable until then.

I wish the Texans would express interest in Aldon Smith and Ray Rice but Bob McNair would never allow it. He preaches excellent moral fiber with his honorable Christian beliefs. And also Aldon Smith likely faces a year long, 16-game suspension anyways. Especially after his previous suspension was a lengthy 9 games and this is his 5th major violation in relation to the NFL conduct guidelines. Aldon Smith likely won't be back on the field until Week 1 of the 2016 season. He can relax his body and get himself mentally stable until then.

I would have no desire for a.smith. Chronic bad decision maker and always finding trouble.

Ray rice has one incident of something bad.

Not close to being equal people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be all over Aldon Smith if he wasn't likely facing a year long suspension. I'd want to have him on the field right now. This guy would be dangerous playing with some of the excellent players we have on defense. He's only 25 years old yet. This was an all pro talent that racked up 14 and 19.5 sacks his first two years in the league in 2011 and 2012. He played in all 16 games both years. People rated him the second best pass rusher in the league after J.J. Watt. In fact, he had more sacks than Watt after two seasons if I'm not mistaken. Same draft class and everything.

But he ruined his 2013 and 2014 seasons with suspensions, missed a lot of games, only had 8 sacks in 11 games and 2 sacks in 7 games. His 2015 season is likely lost but he could become a factor again in 2016 if he gets his life together.

I'd be thrilled to death if Jadeveon Clowney can put together two all pro caliber seasons in the NFL like Aldon Smith has already done in his career. I'm worried that Clowney will be ineffective for his second season due to the nature of the injury he's coming back from. As much as people want to overlook Aldon Smith at this point he actually dominated his first two years in the league. Something you expect out of a first overall pick like Clowney.

Back