Alabama-Tennessee *yawn*

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by eriadoc, Oct 24, 2009.

1. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Could there be a worse offense on a top team? It's been like watching the 2000 Ravens all year.

2. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I have a buddy that went to Bama who just doesn't want to believe that McElroy is a bad QB.

3. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Going into the game he has over 1300 yards 9 TDs 3 INTs with a 60% completion percentage. He really isn't that bad in his first year starting.

Alabama plays a run the ball control the clock type of game. It works because their defense is stellar.

This Tennessee defense is damn good too. McElroy is 15-25 102 yards in this game. Seems to me he is just running the offense as Saban is asking him to.

4. Texan JBZ

Texan JBZ Da Sip's Finest

Yawn my ass! That was a great finish! I love a good defensive game every now and then. I know good defense isn't something you Big 12 fans are used to seeing, but there are NFL D-lineman in the SEC. What a play by Mount Cody! Roll Tide!

5. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Does a close win over Tennessee hurt Bama? Will the college football pundits expect the #1 team in the country to beat a 3-4 team a little easier than they did. I mean, if Tennessee hits 1 more fg they win the game, so is it ok for a #1 team to win a 2 point game at home vs a 3-4 team?

I wonder if this game will drop Bama in terms of 1st place votes and cause some people to move Florida to #1?

6. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I see Bama dropping back down

7. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

this was football at its finest ROLL TIDE

8. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Great game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Blake

Blake MMQB

Yawn is right. Alabama seems to get a pass for its offense sucking ass. As the #1 ranked team in the country hey shouldn't have that much trouble with a sub .500 Tennessee squad AT HOME no less.

And I think that Cody should have gotten a flag for removing his helmet before the play was over. That should have given the Vols another shot from closer. The SEC is gonna have to answer that one for the Vol fans.

10. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

second week in a row that something doesnt get called for or gets called for in the SEC

11. Blake

Blake MMQB

rep.

12. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

When I posted, it was a yawn-fest. The ending was fun, but up to the Tennessee TD, that game sucked. As for your "Big 12 fan" comment, I watch every Alabama game that's aired, since I have a Tide alum in the house. Their offense has been mediocre to bad all season. Their defense is amazing. That is why I mentioned the 2000 Ravens. So yeah, a defensive game is fun sometimes, but the Tide makes most defenses they play look better than they really are.

13. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

a win because somebody took off their helmet really isnt a win... plus the game was over. i assume people can take off their helmets when the games over

14. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

this isn't a very good way to prove your point at all. D-line is pretty deep, you'll find far more great players outside of the first round.

i'm not saying you're right or wrong, i'm just saying it's not a convincing argument.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  15. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Right. And it was already pronounced dead anyways so the Tide would have gotten the ball back still but just 15 yards back. The game still wouldve been over.

16. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

I'll join in on this smack talk....

Any given Saturday the smart money is on the SEC. They are just that much better. Texas certainly doesn't stand a chance at winning the National Championship with both Florida and Bama in the top three. Mack Brown is hoping against hope that they won't have to face an SEC team in the title game (if they make it that far).

Any credit given to Texas falls back to the SEC. Much to my dismay they managed to get Muschamp away from Auburn. He knows what it's like to play real football in the best conference.

17. TexansSeminole

Don't agree with this at all. I don't see Florida as better than Texas. Alabama looks to be about equal to Texas, maybe a little bit better.

Any credit given to Texas falls back to the SEC? Uhhh, Texas has the highest scoring offense in the nation. People who say that Texas' offense is their weakness needs to look at the scoreboard.

SEC is overrated this year outside the top 2 teams, and it isn't like those 2 teams are dominating every team they play.

If you look at strength of schedule, Alabama and Texas are tied at like 17. Florida is at 66. Interestingly, Oklahoma is at #1.

18. Blake

Blake MMQB

Actually the game wasnt over. Taking your helmet off while the play is still going on is an automatic 15 yard penalty and TENN should have gotten a 2nd kick. So you assumed incorrectly.

19. Blake

Blake MMQB

Oh did he tell you that during yalls brunch together, or are you just making that up?

20. TexansSeminole

I noticed him take off his helmet as well, and tried to see a replay where they showed the clock and when he took his helmet off and they never showed it. You would be guessing if you said he took his helmet off before the game ended. He didn't take it off right away.

I don't think you can say it was a blown call if you're not sure when he took the helmet off.