Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Alabama reportedly going to offer $40 mil. to Nick Saban

No he shouldn't. Only a fool would walk into that job thinking that he'd be given any chance to do it right. The University of Alabama is looking hard for the next guy to fire because he isn't Bear Bryant. Saban is smart to not fall for that.

40 Million and college contracts are pretty much garanteed. That's a boatload of cash. That would be hard to turn down.

No he shouldn't. Only a fool would walk into that job thinking that he'd be given any chance to do it right. The University of Alabama is looking hard for the next guy to fire because he isn't Bear Bryant. Saban is smart to not fall for that.
When they're offering $40 Million?

Then fine, take their money and wait for the axe to fall. If all he cares about is grabbing these idiots money then it's a good plan. They're desperate and stupid though so he should understand going in that a firing is inbound. I'm just saying that his being a good college coach makes no difference here IMO. The people doing the hiring at Alabama are nuts and they'll send him packing as soon as their (very small) reservoir of patience is spent.

I think the best thing that could have happened to Alabama once Bear Bryant died would have been a 10 or so year long spell of getting stomped into the ground on a regular basis. Then they'd learn to appreciate what they have instead of dwelling on what they don't have anymore. I liked Grant Teaff's comment about their recent coaching problems. He said something along the lines of "Tell those people in Tuscaloosa that he ain't coming back".

Sure it would be a well paying job. It would be a pressure cooker the likes of which he's never experienced before and it would be almost certainly a thankless job that would end in a firing.

I don't know if living with that Alumni is worth $40 million. Just ask a few of the coaches (Curry, Franchione) who left on their own accord for a lesser program....they know where you live and throw bricks with death notices attached through your window if you lose.

I don't know if living with that Alumni is worth $40 million. Just ask a few of the coaches (Curry, Franchione) who left on their own accord for a lesser program....they know where you live and throw bricks with death notices attached through your window if you lose.

With $40 million I could have bulletproof glass installed & hire a small army of bodyguards. If they want to fire me in a couple of years, I'll just move along & take their money with me. I'd do it so I could secure my families financial future for 2-3 generations.

With $40 million I could have bulletproof glass installed & hire a small army of bodyguards. If they want to fire me in a couple of years, I'll just move along & take their money with me. I'd do it so I could secure my families financial future for 2-3 generations.

pshh...I'd turn all 40 million into 1 dollar bills and roll around in it.

Coach a game? nah, you'd have to find me in my piles of money.

Just ask a few of the coaches (Curry, Franchione) who left on their own accord for a lesser program....

Leaving Alabama for Texas A&M is not leaving to a lesser program. If anything, it was a step into a job with as tough if not tougher expectations.

40 Million and college contracts are pretty much garanteed. That's a boatload of cash. That would be hard to turn down.

And that's why they call them Godfather offers.
Would this mean that 'Phins D coach Dom might get another shot as an NFL HC ?

Yeah sorry bro, but I wouldnt exactly call Fran's move do TAMU step down. I won't get started on Fran, as this is not the place, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Yeah sorry bro, but I wouldnt exactly call Fran's move do TAMU step down. I won't get started on Fran, as this is not the place, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

no disrespect intended but when you compare conference titles, nat'l titles etc it is a step down however so slight.

I wouldnt be surprised if LSU got into the mix for Saban. Remember he is a God here and LSU has alot of money

why doesnt alabamba offer me 40 million, i can coach.

Great, I think you're in then. Just one more question though. How do you look in the hat?

1101800929_400.jpg

May need to wait till Wednesday now.

Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga wanted Saban's decision by Tuesday afternoon, but instead now says he'll have an answer from Saban by 10 a.m. Wednesday and is optimistic the coach will return. That sentiment, however, conflicts with many other sources' expectations, as told to FOXSports.com on Tuesday.

Those sources contend that Saban informed his staff late this afternoon that he was completely torn in his decision and hasn't yet made up his mind. However, the sources also say that Saban asked some assistants if they would be interested in joining him if he leaves for the college ranks again...

he's got a lot at stake here. taking the alabama gig would really hurt his credibility, not just with everyone in the NFL, but what would recruits think? this guy comes out publicly and says he's not going anywhere then jumps ship almost immediately? he'll make more money in the long run, but if he doesn't get the recruits, he's not going to be winning a ton of games (by alabama standards), and he won't be beating auburn too much. he could be out of the job REAL quick.

i really don't see why he would go back to college. people make the remark that he's a "college coach." not true. college has always been a springbroad for saban to get back into the NFL, after being an assistant under bill belichick in the early 90's. once he got the right offer, he took it. and i think he'll stay. too much risk, not enough reward.

I wouldnt be surprised if LSU got into the mix for Saban. Remember he is a God here and LSU has alot of money

I really don't see that happening, not this year atleast. The media would kill LSU for getting rid of Miles after what he has done there the last two seasons. The only scenario I could see Saban back in Baton Rouge is if he goes back to Miami this year, Carr coaches one more year and then Miles leaves for UM and Saban comes back to LSU. however the chances of Saban coaching at LSU ever again are very slim. Which might be a good thing because if history has shown us anything, Nick is always available if the price is right. If Saban ever wants to coach in the NFL again I think he has to stay and show some loyalty or owners will be reluctant to hire him in the future.

POSTED 10:24 a.m. EST, January 3, 2007

SABAN TO 'BAMA CONFIRMED

A league source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Dolphins coach Nick Saban is on a plane to Tuscaloosa.

So, unless he's going there to scope out a new vacation home, he'll be the new coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Done deal.

Farewell, Nicktator. We've enjoyed following your brief NFL career.

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=4799
Possible candidates to replace Saban include Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, former Green Bay head coach Mike Sherman, San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, Indianapolis assistant head coach Jim Caldwell, Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow and Pittsburgh Steelers assistants Russ Grimm and Ken Whisenhut.

Another possibility is Capers, a former head coach at Carolina and Houston.

too funny.

Back