Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Alabama losing right now ...

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
They are down by 14 vs Auburn. It's still early however let's say that lose and then turn around and beat Florida next week. Who plays Texas (if Texas beats Nebraska) in the NC game? TCU or does one of those teams still go with 1 loss?

ChampionTexan

Hall of Fame
They are down by 14 vs Auburn. It's still early however let's say that lose and then turn around and beat Florida next week. Who plays Texas (if Texas beats Nebraska) in the NC game? TCU or does one of those teams still go with 1 loss?
If Cincinnati can beat Pittburgh - currently ranked #9 in the poll - my guess (and it's nothing more than that) is that they'd pass TCU based on strength of schedule (TCU's only remaining game is against a 1-10 New Mexico team). They'd then pass both the SEC 1-loss teams.

But who knows, with the human element involved in this (which is both a good and a bad thing), it still could very well end up Texas vs. the winner of the SEC title game.

This assumes all the things you said - not the least of which is Auburn holding on to win today.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
If both Florida and Bama lose - TCU has to get the nod ... Being the highest rated undefeated team besides Texas .... That or the Bull Crap Series is full of crap.

axman40

Hall of Fame
Well according to Silver Oak this just shows how overrated Bama is and they should be banished to the NIT toot suite!
:thinking:

MojoMan

Hall of Fame
Alabama rallies with a 7 minute drive late in the fourth to come from behind and beat Auburn 26-21.

Silver Oak

All Pro
axman40 said:
Well according to Silver Oak this just shows how overrated Bama is and they should be banished to the NIT toot suite!
methinks you obsess over what I post too much...but I am flattered you pay attention.

silvrhand

All Pro
And what quality teams has the longhorns beat this year that can even rival AL's schedule? The Iron Bowl is always a TOUGH game, no matter what, Auburn had nothing to lose and played like it. They forced AL to play to their weakness of throwing the ball and they did it.

Win is a Win

axman40

Hall of Fame
And what quality teams has the longhorns beat this year that can even rival AL's schedule? The Iron Bowl is always a TOUGH game, no matter what, Auburn had nothing to lose and played like it. They forced AL to play to their weakness of throwing the ball and they did it.

Win is a Win
That would be my point!
:)