AJ + Moulds = exciting WR duo

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanFan881, May 18, 2006.

1. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I've been excited all offseason to see out how effective these two elite WRs can work together. I can't wait to see Moulds and AJ get out on the field and tear it up. I like the way that Moulds is already co-operating well with AJ and they are both helping eachother out.

I am very impressed by the way Moulds is really trying to help out AJ and the way that Moulds is trying to be a mentor to him. :yahoo: texanpride

2. TexansFan4EvR

TexansFan4EvR Rookie

Yea ... its finally good to give Aj a Mentor in Moulds that can help him for the future. I could see them both possibly going to the pro bowl next year!!!:redtowel: Wish we could have that kinda leadership on Defense .. Dang i miss Glen and Sharper how much better could we be!!:brickwall

3. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

and Walters is nearly the same height and weight as them....

4. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

The team got a LOOOOOOOT better when we got Eric Moulds.
    Think Moulds drops the ball on the Jags 2 yard line in the 4th, I doubt it very much!

5. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Lol, Jabby Jabby, you little prankster.

6. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

Since I said that earlier... anyone think if Walters develops under Moulds he'll be our #2 when Eric finally decides to leave the league?

7. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

It's possible, but I think they are looking for Mathis to be the #2. Walters I think will be a very good pickup for us, but I suspect he is a #3 type of WR,

8. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I disagree I think that Walters is a future started for this offense. His size and blocking ability is highly desirable in a run based offense, add to that his great hands and you have a starter right there.

Mathis is and forver will be a return man and a deep threat option.

9. bigbrewster2000

bigbrewster2000 4th Infantry

I think that there is little chance of Mathis becoming a #2. We will be lucky if he can become good enough running routes to become a #3. Right now all he can do is run in a straight line. ( Of course he is fast enough to get away with it):)

10. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Exactly what I think. We drafted Mathis because we needed a real threat at KR. Mathis is a kick returner. He is not a reciever. I see us drafting a WR with a first day pick next year to become a starter and Kevin Walter will be a #3 at best while he is here with us.

11. Jwwillis

Jwwillis All Pro

Im hoping by the time Moulds is ready to hang em up we will have had 3 drafts to get some young stud burners.

12. ensign_lee

ensign_lee Site Contributor

Yay! :yahoo:

13. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

If he is dedicated to learning the position of WR, then Mathis might just be a #2 via injury, or lack of performance by others. Once Carr has that extra 2 seconds to make the throw, then Mathis might get some throws his way.

14. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Umm, Jabbar Gaffney rated very high in lack of drops.

15. Bearfan Blue and Orange

Bearfan Blue and Orange Veteran

I think a WR that has 4.4 speed is a great WR. Don't you think?

As for Mathis, he may be fast, but all that speed does no good if you outrun the ball being thrown or don't catch the ball.

:bananasplit:

16. Bearfan Blue and Orange

I agree 100%. You have not seen what this guy can do yet. I think you will be impressed by his abilities and will be wondering to yourself... How did this guy ever get under the radar. Then you will look at Kube and see... Man, he is a great judge of talent.

17. pek281

pek281 Rookie

That was such a great article. It really got me excited to start the season. I am so ready for football.

18. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Who is this "Walters" person that you all are talking about???

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Nor would he have to lay out to beat the guy because he will have a step on him already.

As for Gaffney, I am sure he will still be a good WR on a good team but Moulds has proven himself to be very good even on a bad team.

20. Bearfan Blue and Orange

He is the WR the Texans went after as soon as free agency began and signed an offer sheet to him before any other team had a chance and threw the bengals for a loop so they did not match.

He has not had alot of opps to catch alot of passes being behind Chad Johnson and TJ H. He was their special teams ace he was one of their gunners. I remember watching Monday Night football against the Broncos and he blew past Champ Bailey off the line. Next time they lined up there were 2 defenders on him.

He has been compared to Ed McCaffrey and Jerivicious type of WR. of his 30 receptions in his 3 years, 18 of them were for 1st downs. He made one of his breakout games against the SB Champs Steelers Defense in their playoff game when Carson went down and the wr also went down. he moved the chains pass after pass.

He is 6'3-6'4 215lbs has awesome hands, runs tight disciplined routes, eager to learn and learns fast. He has been clocked running close to 4.4 speed if not under 4.4 speed.

He went to Eastern Michigan and set all kinds of records while was there.

A solid dependable WR that has the size, strength and speed to be a starter in the NFL. He just has to get is chance. Everytime the Bengals asked him to step up HE DID!!! That is why Kube grabbed him right away.

when he came out of college he was benching over 400lbs as a wr... and no FAT!!!

You will love him. I have followed his career since he left high school.