AJ:Kubiak concerned about backup receiver situation

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/kubiak-concerned-about-backup-receiver-competition

2. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

This is the same guy who received miniscule production from his previous #4 WR (David Anderson), but is suddenly worried about that spot? I'd say Kubiak must be feeling pretty good about this team if this is one of his larger concerns.

Wolf likes this.
  3. Rey

Rey Guest

Dickerson and Jean should be the 4th and 5th in no particular order.

Keep them both, play them both.

4. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Young receivers make impacts every year. Who cares?!?

5. TdotTexas2Step

TdotTexas2Step All Pro

As long as AJ doesn't go down, I feel really comfortable about our offense. WR is even less of a concern if Tate can keep moving forward.

6. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Kubes sending a message --- message received.

7. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

He's concerned about having more talent and depth at the position since like...ever?

Yeah, clearly a ham-handed attempt at lighting a fire. That's fine if it works and it seems like it may have.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

You knew what you were getting from DA .... It wasnt going to be spectacular but you could expect him to be steady Im not so sure you can expect that from this group of recievers behind AJ & Walter .... consistancy is not something JJ is known for and the guy's ebhind him havent proven much at the NFL level.

9. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

we know who is going to be released now :joker:

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Maybe the other WRs in camp might try to give DD and Jean some competition. That would probably motivate Dickerson more than anything Kubiak might slip to media.

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I think the difference is David Anderson reached his full potential and went about as far as his athletic ability would take him. You can't really lecture someone into being taller and faster. :) However Dorin is a athletic freak, maybe Kubiak feels he isn't playing up to his full capabilities and is trying to kick him in the rear.

IDK, but I do have to say, I like this new Kubiak. Looks like someone is trying to get his feet out of the fire. It's do or die for him this year. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

12. leebigeztx

leebigeztx Hall of Fame

I said it once and I will say it again, I would've signed randy moss or edwards as my 2 and bumbed everyone else down. I would've truly tried to outscore teams and made teams account for my #2. Right now, teams don't respect the #2,#3,or #4 wr. If johnson gets hurt, its a wrap in terms of big plays in the passing game.

13. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I think it's hard for any of these guys to distinguish themselves because they're not getting their passes thrown by Schaub. Leinart is throwing their passes and all he's been doing is short dump off stuff and not targeting the WR's down field much at all. I'd really like to see something from Jean, Dickerson, and Tolliver.

14. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

We may be keeping Darling instead of Dickerson or Jean and put one on PS. Darling has been more of injury prone since he was drafted back in 2004 by Ravens. He did have 100 yds game back in 2007 and if he shows up in last two preseason games, we may ending up keeping this guy. May be I am reading too much into what Kubiak said about veteran WR but this is the only veteran WR I can think of from our current roster. May be we scoop someone after final roster cut or Kubiak is just telling Dickerson and Jean to step up. I don't know but it is a possibility.

Go Texans!!!

15. House of Pain

House of Pain Knee-jerkless

I think Kubiak is starting to go insane from withdrawals from not being able to use a 4th round pick on a TE...poor guy.

16. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

House of Pain, if you made your Avatar a T-shirt, you would never have to work another day in your life.

17. House of Pain

House of Pain Knee-jerkless

point taken

18. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

if hes so worried about the 4 reciever maybe they should be seeing more time on the field instead of having JJ out there for 3 quarters. let them distinguish themselves instead of making JJ a focal point in preseason

19. CharloTex

CharloTex All Pro

This.

It's just Kubes stoking the WR fire, trying to see who's gonna take the hint and step it up.