AJ getting some man-love from Schein

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by drewmar74, Oct 28, 2008.

1. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Found this "out there" and liked it. Thought y'all might to:

Per Fox Sports talking head Adam Schein's "Schein Nine" weekly list....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8728312/The-Schein-Nine:-Philly's-Reid-underappreciated

3. Andre Johnson

You can write this one in stone. Houston's Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL. I am not even sure it is close.

Factor in anything you want as the criteria - hands, speed, yards after the catch, football savvy, work ethic, character, age. I'm taking Johnson, who enjoyed yet another dominant game with 11 catches and more than 100 receiving yards against the Bengals.

:smiliedance:

Just a little more national love for one of our players that truly, truly deserves it.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
    Hardcore Texan likes this.
  2. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

ESPN was giving him love too. They mentioned that he was the best player in the NFL that no one ever talks about.

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I've told people that for a while. There isn't another WR in the NFL I would take over AJ. There are only a couple I'd put on par with AJ (Boldin comes to mind), but if I had one or the other, I'd keep him.

4. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

Heck, he had more Texan love in there...

7. AFC South

Anyone who doubted the Tennessee Titans doesn't understand football. The better team and more physical team won Monday night. At the midway point, the Titans are the best team in football.

The Colts, Texans and Jaguars are all 3-4. Don't be surprised if the Texans shock the Vikings this weekend.
    Here's the simple fact about Jacksonville this year. The Jags are too inconsistent to be a playoff team. You cannot lose at home to Cleveland.

Okay, that's somewhat like damning with faint praise, but at least he's not dismissive.

9. Midway point stars

Here are some other names on very early and fluid lists.

Defensive Player of the Year — Albert Haynesworth, London Fletcher, James Harrison, Joey Porter, LaMarr Woodley

Comeback Player of the Year — Jake Delhomme, Jon Vilma

Offensive Rookie of the Year — Matt Ryan, Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Steve Slaton, Joe Flacco

Defensive Rookie of the Year — Jarod Mayo, Chris Horton

Coach of the Year — Jeff Fisher, Jim Zorn

Wow. Nice to read. :splits:

5. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

he's definitely up there... i'd say he & reggie wayne are the top 2. Wayne has better hands than AJ (not by much, but better) but AJ is stronger which makes him that physical beast that Wayne isn't.

Honorable mention:

Greg Jennings
    Larry Fitzgerald

6. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I've made a number of posts about AJ tendency to not want to take over the game. The Tennessee game was the ultimate example of his unassuming attitude... Instead of going and getting that bomb in the end zone. He laid back and waited for it... Instead, it was broken up in front of him.

I think that, combined with his effort in the Miami game on the 4th down play, was the turning point in his career. Now, he realizes that every big moment, every ball in the air, is his. And, nobody is good enough to stop him. He's no longer a very good receiver he's now in the all-time elite status. He's somewhere between Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice- at least for this past month. If I'm right about the change in him, he's going to have a career that makes my comparison to Jerry Rice not seem nearly as crazy as it does right now.

Not to get to exuberant, but we may have :

Jerry Rice and Reggie White on the same team- if you catch my drift!!

Porky and Señor Stan like this.
  7. DiapHer

DiapHer GO BIG RED!!!

When I chose Andre for one of my WR last year and this year in my FF keeper league that I am in at our local town pool hall they rolled their eyes and laughed at me when I turned my sheets in. Guess who is currently in the top three? :diapher:

drewmar74 likes this.
  8. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Well I am glad your WR is putting up good numbers in your league, but my kicker is hanging me out to dry..... Charles Brown...has missed every attempt this season, maybe I need to switch to Kris instead.

:shades:

9. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

You might want to watch the film and keep a close eye on his holder. She....er...he might be the root of the problem. :cool:

10. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Because he's not out there behaving like an ass.

Best player in the NFL, I would probably stick that title to a QB (only because I see the position as more important than WR), but there is no doubt in my mind that he is the best reciever in the NFL, hands down... erhm.. up! :)

11. DiapHer

DiapHer GO BIG RED!!!

Nah, he sucks...I took their advice on not playing him :shades:

12. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

I will stay with Chuck then !!

13. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

well... i won't go that far & say that....he's gonna have to improve on his TD receptions to even sniff Jerry. Having said that every time i see him catch a ball in space my heart starts pumping b/c i know that he could break a long one..certainly as exciting as jerry but not quite there yet. Jerry's in his own stratosphere in every thing WR related.

14. Shaft75

Shaft75 Site Contributor

Ever since I adopted this guy...

15. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Here is a prime example of a hater. Just because we are actually scoring TDs for a change, you have to crap all over Kris.

16. DiapHer

DiapHer GO BIG RED!!!

:mshadows:

17. D-Frank

D-Frank Veteran

ill say this: a few wr's run better routes than andre, may be a little faster,
    may even catch better, but nobody is MORE clutch...or better...may be equal,
    but no reciever is BETTER.(this year):whip:

18. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Hmmm...I don't know about Wayne this year. Maybe the Wayne of years past, but he's obviously having an off-year. I can't believe it's all Payton. I think I'd move Fitz above Wayne. With AJ #1 of course.

19. leebigeztx

leebigeztx Hall of Fame

Adam is my man from nfl radio as I duubbed him "plug". He's actually been talking about aandre for a couple of yrs. Andre has been going off lately, but I think Mos is the best wr in the game. He's the most feared offensive player in football and can make the case about being the most feared in history. Anytime you're the common thread of the 2 hghest scoring teams in the history of the nfl, that's saying a lot. You can put him on any team and every defense will roll coverage to him.

20. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Reggie Wayne is good and all, but he's more of a system guy. He wouldnt be as good on a different team, were as AJ would be a Hall of Famer in a Colts uni.