AJ focused on reaching the playoffs

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by djohn2oo8, Aug 10, 2011.

1. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 All Pro

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/football/teams&id=8299843

2. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Man, scary to think what the NFL's best WR will look like if he turns it up another notch!

It's like the beast goes into BEAST MODE to form an even bigger BEAST! :fans:

3. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I think AJ's always focusing on playoffs. It's the other 52 players and 75 coaches that need to join AJ

Texan Asylum likes this.
  4. dinkatoid

dinkatoid Veteran

Anyone else just get the mental image of AJ turning green, busting his jersey into rags and trampling the d?

5. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

SOOOOO true! If half of them had the heart and passion that AJ has there would be NO doubt we would not only make the playoffs, but, go the distance! I wanna go from NEVER making the playoffs to being SB champs!!

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Lead Moderator Staff Member

Yup, and one of the classiest players to ever play the game. The comparison to some of his contemporaries is stark - TO (multiple sideline confrontations, public statements, publicity stunts), Ochocinco (stupid name change, over the top bragging, bitching his way off a team), Moss (again can't keep his mouth shut, took a three year hiatus being petulant). Man the Texans got lucky the consensus best WR in 2003 was Rogers.

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Yep. Heart and passion. It's been said that the physical talent between pro players is often measured in minuscule amounts, because most of them are great athletes. So what can truly make the best rise to the top is what they have inside their hearts and minds. If only we could clone AJ and inject AJ serum into the rest of the team!

Palilo was talking about Shannon Sharpe's HoF induction speech, and went on to talk about players whose speeches surprised folks. Montana was one of those, and he brought up AJ. It will be interesting to see this very reserved pro up there, so that was an interesting thought. But, I don't want to think about that much any time soon, because I want to see him up there as a champion. He's definitely a player that is champion caliber, in terms of pure talent, heart, focus, and his cool demeanor just makes him rise above all of his peers. No doubt about the Texans luck in landing AJ. In spite of all the flaws of the previous FO, they certainly got that one right.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

He is so freaking amazing. I adore him :) If he goes balls to the wall and we don't make, he needs another team. Man deserves a ring!

Texan Asylum likes this.
  9. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

This is the full story........notice the last sentence.

I sure hope that this is NOT a case of plantar fasciitis!

10. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

I thought we've been focused on reaching the Playoffs for the last 2-3 years?

11. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

We're deep at receiver. If anything, this will help Dickerson and the UDFAs more.

12. CloakNNNdagger

Not a good way to look at things right after he's been paid. We can quickly go to a poor situation if people who we thought would turn out to be good end up barely serviceable, or other players we expected to step in also get injured.

Especially based on preseason quick impressions/hopes, things can change at a blink of an eye. We can't cavalierly take any known talent for granted thinking that we are "deep." As it is, we already have too many questions at WR. Placing your trust in any way in UDFAs that will not have experienced any in-season real game experience would be down right unrealistic.

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Texans owner Bob McNair said he isn't even considering the possibility of not making the postseason.

Wow! Check out Bob giving the Rex Ryan impression!!!

14. CloakNNNdagger

Like everyone else, I am trying to be hopeful (yet not blind) about the upcoming season. Somehow, though, it is difficult for me not to read McNair's comments in the context of past history." I keep hearing:

McNair: "But I will stop short of consequences for not, because after a decade, we have finally put our best foot forward for success. We want to promote a positive attitude only. Threats or even implications of such will scare these professionals from performing to their max. After all, realistically, when dealing with professionals, they will remain professionals.............and there will always be next year.":kitten:

15. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Me too

I hope BoBBy isn't feeding the fans a line of crap again this yr.

16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

BoBBy says the same thing every yr in some context or another.

The there's always next yr mentality has permiated the Texans organization for far too long. Everybody in the organization just needs to shut up and prove it on the field.

The Texans are starting to remind me of the Oilers, all talk and cant back it up.

17. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

[​IMG]

HTown2ATX likes this.
  18. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

This. I guess I'm a jaded fan. No kool-aid for me until 10 wins in one season.

Kimmy likes this.
  19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

That's exactly what I was going to post. AJ's gonna get greener? Uh, oh.

20. CloakNNNdagger

BTW JJ is again held out of today's practice with his foot issue...........