AJ About to Set a NFL Record

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by ChrisG, Oct 30, 2008.

1. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/29/texans-overlooked-johnson-playing-for-history/

2. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

The question might be rephrased, "is there a receiver who craves attention less than Andre?" I like both his game and his professional demeanor.

gwallaia likes this.
  3. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

His numbers are never as good on the road, so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't break the record... but my hope is that this Minnesota game is a turning point for the whole organization, where they finally break out and win a big road game. That hasn't happened in a long, long time.

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Hopefully the next game will break some of the trends that this franchise has gotten into over the past six seasons. We've finally broken through the three-in-a-row streak, so let's hope they can extend it and grab a win against the Vikings while giving AJ some positive press that he certainly deserves.

5. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Agreed.

There have been other things since Kubiak took over that had never happened before... my favorite being - in the home opener last year - Matt Schaub's first start as a Houston Texan - he threw the longest TD pass in Texans history - right off the bat. I thought that was very symbolic, and very telling about what we had in the past at QB.

Since then, many other franchise firsts have happened... first 3-game win streak, largest margin of victory, etc.

We're very slowly, but very surely turning a corner as a franchise - not just as the 2008 squad.

A win in Minnesota would make it all official, IMO.

6. BaylrBearBryant

BaylrBearBryant Rookie

Feed him the ball against Minnesota!

7. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

The way this offense is rolling, you got to get the ball to AJ. He is in a zone right now. I think he gets both records.

8. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

We need him big time in this game it is important to his sucesss

9. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

seriously if we're down big i say we just feed him the ball on screens and short easy passes...wait, why don't we just do that from the start?

10. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

you know minnesota is gonna gameplan around him. when andre excels, the texans follow suit.

11. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

We've seen how well our other WR's can step up when needed, so I'm sure they can do the same if the Vikes are all over Dre.

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

The Vikes will be all over AJ, just like flies on honey! BUT, I think he can beat um to the punch. Just not sure MS can do his part. Vikes D will be chomping at the bits to get a few pics off him.

13. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

he had 9 catches against indy. 1 more and he would of already had that record.

14. Farough

Farough Site Contributor

It's not the Vikings pass D that really scares me, its their run D. We should have a pretty decent game through the air.

15. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i was going through some numbers and, as we know, andre's leading the league in receptions and yardage. he's also right near the top at completion percentage at 67%. by comparrison brandon marshall's at 62%, reggie wayne at 58%, terrell owens at 47%, chad johnson at 56%, and randy moss at 61%. i went through many other big name receivers and the only receiver catching more of the passes going his way that i brought up (by nfl.com/fantasy numbers) is anquan bolden. without the poor game in tennessee, AJ's numbers would be that much higher.

there's something to be said for that much explosiveness, and also that kind of efficiency. owen daniels deserves mention also because he's catching 71% of the passes thrown his way (32 receptions, 45 times targetted).

16. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Well Andre didn't get the records, but he still played with poise and class. I am very happy he did his normal after TD return to the bench rather than some silly dance so everyone would notice he scored. This man is the epitome of letting his play do the talking.