After the loss this weekend I'm a Texan fan again...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Rightnow, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

Regulars on this board might remember me saying that I wasn’t going to be a fan until the Texans started winning. Well, I’m here to say that I can’t give up on my favorite team no matter what, and I’m fully willing to eat crow and say that I was wrong about trying to jump off the bandwagon. I say trying because I kept watching games and wanted them to win.

I voted to bring this team here and will stay with it through thick and thin, and it is very thin right now. This morning is about as bad as it can get for the Texans, but I still support the team.

After reading some of the posts this week leading up to the game and now that the game is over I also don’t want to be lumped in with that group of cynics and haters.

So trying to jump off the bandwagon might have been temporary insanity, a lapse in judgment, emotionalism, frustration, or whatever, but I’m still a Texans fan and will remain so no matter what.

2. real

real Guest

You are a real fan....

3. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

this is a good post.

4. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Finally! A kindred spirit!

This has to be the bottom, but we have to start somewhere and build from that. Let's give the Titans AND VY their just due in the win, and let's move on. Better that we lost a regular season game that way instead of a playoff game!

5. Texansfan36

Texansfan36 Veteran

Rooting for the Texans is like being addicted to caffeine (did I even spell that right?), as bad as you know the product is you just can't quit, well at least I can't. As much as the Texans suck, are riddiculed on a regular basis, and all the crap I take for it, I still get a good feeling knowing that I'm a Texan. So welcome back, and hope for brighter days. (I hope that makes sense)

6. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

It's a disappointing loss but I"M STILL A TEXANS FAN! This too shall pass! The one positive is that we will have higher draft picks to build this team up!
    I'm confident that Kubiak/Smith will draft well! Nevermind that we didn't draft Vince Bush, like alot of people are saying, but hindsight is 20/20! And I still like Super Mario! I wish these DAMN Titans fans would go back to their own board & gloat there, & for these fair weather fans here to follow them- really, really annoying!!!! H-TOWN SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT THEY HAVE A FOOTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell, I am & I don't even live in H-town anymore!:snobord:

7. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

BEST THREAD in about 2 months!!! :marionaner: Stop by our tailgate, I havea cold one waiting for you my friend.

8. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I think it is cool for a fan to criticise players, coaches and management. I'm like the guy in last season's Reliant commercial on the Rockets. I yell at the tv and swear I'll not watch another play and then I'm begging them to forgive me. If you aren't a fan you would not care. We want them to do well. At this point I just have to trust Kubiac. AND allow him to make a mistake or three as he is human.

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Anyone remember last year? We woulda been been dead lucky to win 4 games, let alone sweep the Jags.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Keep the faith, Texans fans. Better times are ahead. :texflag:

11. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Another fantastic post. I'm with ya.

12. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

After all... it can't get any worse than Sunday? .......Right????

13. Theoridic

Theoridic Veteran

I understand how you have felt and how alot of people feel that pull for the Texans. I found myself yesterday wishing that I had been born in another city so I could pull for any other team. I have caught myself saying that I am not going to watch another play or game.

BUT EVERY SUNDAY I WATCH AS IF IT WERE THE DALLAS GAME AGAIN.

It is an addiction no matter how bad we are or get I will never stop loving the Texans they are like your child you can get upset and frustrated but no matter what they do you still love them.

:texan:

14. MightyTExan

MightyTExan It's go time!

We lost, but it was good, entertaining football.

15. Blu

Blu All Pro

Even like a mother with an ugly babby.. I love this team.

16. Texan Asylum

Texan Asylum Christian

Good post.

Welcome back...

17. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Welcome Back, (and came back with a great post as well).

18. Mayor_McCheese

Mayor_McCheese Rookie

Nice one bandwagon boy.. that bandwagon crap doesn't fly on the philly boards

19. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Great a Philly fan, being tis the season, don't you have a Santa to boo and throw things at.

J/K

20. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

that is basically how I feel...no matter how bad I feel, or how much harrassment I get, because I am a Texans fan, I just can't stay away. It's almost like a nicotine fit. Living in Tulsa, I am the only Texans fan around, so you guys are my support group. I don't post very often, but I am here reading the posts every day. I see that others feel like I do, and it just helps me get through my day to know that I'm not alone in my misery. Right now, it hurts to be a fan of this team, but I'll always be one.