After the draft, MAD, or accepting

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Goldeagle, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

45% of this City want Bush
    45% of this City want Vince
    10% want D'Brick or would settle for Mario Williams

I fall into that 10% for blah blah blah reasons and everyone has their reasons for the others.

My question is this:

Will you accept what the Texans do? Will you say ok and live with Reggie Bush and believe as others do about his explosivenss, or accept that VInce can RUN better than Carr and make something despite the horrible O-line? Can you look at D'brick and say we have a LT for the next 10 years or cheer for Mario WIlliams when he dominates at the DE position?

Will you accept and move on if the Team does not do what you want in this years draft?

2. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Of course. Is there any other way?

3. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

im with the texans no matter what they do, but please draft reggie bush, but ill have no probablem excepting other players

4. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I will state the things I like, criticize those that I don't, shrug my shoulders on some 6th rounder I never heard of and will be at favorite sports bar for every play this year except the (Dallas game).

5. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

Then 45% of the city should root for a different sport because they know nothing about football. Start focusing on Yao's foot or something.

6. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

id be mad if they try to reach for a player in the 2 and 3rd's. ala babin "duh, hes a monster, best thing since kevin greene"(actual quote from casserly)

7. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I love the game of football, and LOVE my TEXAN team, regardless of who's on it!! I just accept what the power's that be, that make millions to make these decisions, decide to do. I don't always agree, but, I will support who wears the red, white, and blue!! Unlike some other TEXAN fans I know, I have NEVER boo'ed (grammer stinks) a TEXAN player, and never will. I don't have a crystal ball, can't look into the future and know if our pick will be good or not. I just have to do what I have been doing for decades, go to the games and yell for my team!! JMO!

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The fans always 'get over it' if they draft different players than what they wanted. The guys that bolt weren't really fans.

TexanBacker93 and bad like this.

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

The short answer is 100% yes. That doesn't mean I give up my right to critique, argue, or egads....praise what they do on draft day. It just means in the final analysis I trust that the people who get paid to make these calls might actually know more than I do.

10. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

I think
    50% want Bush
    25% want Young
    15% want Mario
    10% want Brick

11. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Of course I accept it. I'm not there for every home game to watch myself be proved right - I'm there to watch my team win.

12. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I'd say most are thinking with their hearts and not their heads..

Carr,Rosenfels, Ragone... no VY in that mix

I don't know about ya'll , but I think the VY supporters and 1)either louder than most or 2) there are more than 45% wanting him.

with that poll statistics, you could substitute Derrick Johnson's name. in for VY
    :stirpot:

13. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

was at The Alamo in San Antonio wearing my Texans hat and t-shirt got stopped by a guy last Monday, he said he was a big Jason Babin Fan and Alum of Jason's alma mater, He said if we had played Jason as we should with his quickness he would have done better as DE than LB. Man said he watched him playing all 4 years of College, he also said with changes he sees Texans going to next level and SOON. :redtowel:

14. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I'll shut up since you really said it all :)

15. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

i've said this a 100 times....the whole debate ends for me on the 29th. Bush, Young, whomever, they become TEXANS, not prospects and i cheer for them. My predictions as to what i think will happen are more than documented...not gonna hear me complaining afterwards.

16. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Hey, what about the second day picks? No support for them ? :)

17. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

lol support for everybody man...you got me, i forgot that this was a 2 day experience. Im more looking forward to round 3 than round one. i probably wont watch day 2, just get the recaps,but believe you me, nothing but support for the people in the steel blue and battle red...even *sigh* phillip buchanon.

18. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

no worries, I just had to git ya! ;)

19. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Nope, if the Texans do not pick exactly who I want - then I will quit this team FOREVER.

... yeah right. I'm not even 100% sure myself who they should get. I feel they'll make the right decision, moreso now that we have an improved staff, and with the names already being thrown around - I'd probably be happy with any of them. 100% Texan fan.

... as long as it results in more wins and never have to see another 2 win season again.

20. Eyeguy

Eyeguy Veteran

The Texans don't need a new QB or the controversy that comes from drafting another one. I think it would be a waste of the # 1 pick to take ANY QB. It would be a major faliure to extend Carrs contract then draft a QB at # 1. I signed up for my PSL on the first day possible and will always support Houston pro football. If they make a bonehead move like this I would however, be very disappointed.