After SB XL VY perspective, interesting read from Austin!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by BigWig, Feb 7, 2006.

1. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

2. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

This is all I had to read to see this was nothing more than an AUSTIN paper pimping their own player:

I am glad Warren Moon agrees with me on the subject, BTW.

Edit: just adding I am referring to the paper's location and not where the poster (Big Wig) lives.

3. Fighting Blue Hen

Fighting Blue Hen Rookie

Big Wig, you are from Austin, that article is from Austin, and that article is a Pro VY article. I think that is enough to get you banned on this board.

I think you have to be an Aggie to have an "unbiased" opinion over here.

4. Htown34s

Htown34s Veteran

I love this:

"Young has more leadership skills in his pinkie than pretty-boy Carr does in his made-for-GQ body. Young has the rarest of play-making skills, something like what the Steelers used.

During the week leading up to the Super Bowl, I took every opportunity to pick folks' brains about Vince's future, and I can absolutely tell you this: The Vince Young Fan Club grows by the day, maybe the hour."

5. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

I never went to college, I really dont even watch college football much, I live in Austin because its a gr8 place to live, when to Bellaire HS in Htown,please have mercy on me, oh please dont ban me, he he !
    Besides Vinny and I want to different high schools together!

6. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

Is this guy Justice's little brother?

7. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

You and Moon can take your opinions to Canada and fight terrorism. J/K

Moon has no playoff wins and said that Young isn't the answer.
    Ward, Randel El, and Staubach have rings and they say Young is the answer.
    Hmmmm.
    OK Jack, you're right, and just because it's an Austin paper means it has no credibility too. Jeez, they ought to just close up shop. What were they thinkin'. Kinda contradictory don't ya think, you're glad that Moon likes your opinion probably because you were a Moon fan but shame on an Austin writer to pump the pub on the local icon. The irony.

8. Fighting Blue Hen

Fighting Blue Hen Rookie

Maybe Moon is just envious of Carr because he is a family guy and can probably be around his wife without choking her.

9. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Is Bohls implying that Young would have played better than Roethlisberger or Hasselbeck? I guess that Rose Bowl hangover lasts over a month.

Here's what HOFer Warren Moon thinks the Texans should do:

BTW, Staubach never said in the article that the Texans should take Young.

10. Htown34s

Htown34s Veteran

I'm sure all the quotes in the paper were made up too since it is from the Austin paper. Pure fabrication.

disclaimer: I too, live in Austin. Must be the only reason why I like VY then.

11. Htown34s

Htown34s Veteran

That must be it. Young isn't married, so he can't be a NFL star because he has no wife to beat.

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I've actually met the fabled BigWig...too nice a guy to ban if you aXe me. I've met Htown34s (steve) in this thread too...what a group of guys!

13. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

We are banning non-aggies now? Dang it why didn't ya'll tell me..... :challenge

14. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

If we did the board would be a lot better. Just kidding just because you did not go to the greatest school on earth other than MIT and Stanford we Aggs wont hate on you.

15. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

I didn't say there was anything wrong with an Austin paper pimping their own player. I just prefer more objectivity. I think Moon is objective. What does he have to gain by saying that the Texans should stick with Carr? He doesn't say Carr is the better QB, he is saying that for the future of the Texans the best thing is to keep Carr and draft another position with the pick.

16. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

Thanks. I scanned the article over and over looking for that. I thought I was losing it :wacko: for a minute!

17. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

Someone reading your sarcastic comment would think Moon is an advocate of drafting Young, which he is not.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Warren Moons records....... are those still in Houston, or did they go to Tenessee??

hines Ward, Randle el, Stawbock..... they all said Vince was the answer, that he's going to be great in the NFL...... that doesn't necessarily mean that the Texans should draft him.

I like how he gave props to DD also, and said stick with what you got, and move forward. Hopefully that doesn't mean take Reggie. I'd much rather teach a reciever to catch, than draft Bush with the #1 overall.

19. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I'm sure they headed out of town with the franchise formerly known as the Oilers.

20. Htown34s

Htown34s Veteran

This point makes more sense Jack. I think the Bohls was just trying to inject some humor with his observations on Carr. Bohls doesn't have many fans in Austin, so I don't see anything into his homer-ism.

I couldn't care less about Moon. His exploits while he was in Houston are well documented. I lost any respect for him years ago. Tennessee can have him.