After 5 games, your expectations have

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by thunderkyss, Oct 10, 2011.

?

After five games, your expectations have:

1. Remained the Same - Texans will make the play-offs

54.0%
  2. Increased a couple of games - Texans will make the play-offs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Decreased a couple of games - Texans will miss the play-offs

38.1%
  4. Remained the Same - Texans never had a chance to make the play-offs

7.9%
  1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Gone up, gone down, stayed the same?

I'm still pissed, but I saw a team that beat themselves out of a game. Disrespect & everything to the Raiders. They were who we thought they were.

The defense continues to impress me (we have got to do something about that CB#2)...

Offense still baffles me.

It's all about getting hot at the right time. I'm still thinking we make the play-offs, just have no idea how we're going to do it.

Everything I thought I knew... I don't.

What say you?

2. Grams

Grams Subscribed Contributor

We always seem to find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

The Raiders tried hard to hand that game to us yesterday and we tried harder to not take the W from them.

I am still in the show me first mode.

3. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Gone down because Andre Johnson will still miss a couple more games, our incredible RB depth is destroyed for some reason or another, and oh yeah, Mario Williams and James Casey are out for the freakin' year.

It's possible to make the playoffs, but it's not going to be because we're a very great team or anything. It'll be by virtue of being in a bad division and having a softer schedule after Baltimore.

4. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

I'm still in wait and see mode. We won a game that before the season most of us figured we would lose (PIT). We lost a game most figured we would win (OAK). I think 3-2 was the most likely record after 5 games for us. I just wonder how we'd all feel if we lost to the Steelers and beat Oakland.

That being said, injuries have me reeeeeally uneasy.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

The funny thing to me is that I anticipated us being 3-2 at this point in the season with losses to the Saints and the Steelers.

But the way we lost to Oakland has me thinking we're not nearly as good as we thought we were.

Plus the injuries to AJ, Mario, and everyone else

6. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

I would've checked option:
    "Remained the same - Meh"

I'm still waiting on something different from the previous 5 seasons
    to happen. This team still finds flashy ways to lose those
    "next step" games. Today would've put them 3 games over .500

They'd have to win AT Baltimore AND AT Tennessee to impress me
    at this point in the season.

PS:
    We're gonna see how good this defense is without Mario Williams
    to gameplan for.

7. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

If any of these injuries are being listed on this board, to justify
    Kubiak getting another contract should this trend continue through
    YEAR SIX, I got two words for ya:

Detroit Lions

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Unfortunately, after yesterday's lackluster play, I think our fifth annual 5-7 mark is still achievable.

If they make the playoffs, it'll be because the AFC South sucks, not because the Texans dominate and earned it. Sadly, backing into the playoffs will be cause for another Kubiak extension.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

unfortunate but true :rake:

10. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

Decreased...injuries and we should have won that game yesterday..:rake:

11. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

I still expect them to back into the playoffs because we are playing an easy schedule, relative to other possible contenders, and are probably the best team in a really weak division. That said, I really don't consider us anything more than a little above average team at this point. Hopefully they improve over the year, but there is ZERO excuse for losing that game yesterday against that level of team, at home, against that QB. Pathetic.

12. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

I'm stayin the same. I predicted a 10-6 season and I'm stickin with it. Injuries hurt, BUT, if we are a playoff bound team, the rooks etc will have to step it up and do their part to get us there. Football is a team sport and the stronger guys have got to help out the weaker one's, and the newbies need to get on the fast track PRONTO!!. They better pay attention or our year is over before we get to the middle.

13. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Well, that's where we disagree. I don't give a shit if we "back in", as long as we're in.

The Jets backed in two years in a row by lucking the hell out and they're slobbered on by absolutely everybody as the next greatest team of all-time.

We're not in the position to care about style points or making the playoffs "because we earned it".

14. robroy72

robroy72 Veteran

I actually thought we'd be 3-2 after 5... I thought the Steelers / Raiders results would have been switched. My main confidence came from a feeling we could have a 100% divisional record this year.

Colts W
    Raiders W
    Miami W

Steelers L
    Saints L

Sorry if theres too much common sense and lack of emotion for a Monday after a loss like that!

TheMatrix31 likes this.
  15. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Decreased a few games and we will make the playoffs, that is not an option (our division is so God-awful...).

16. EVOLVIST

EVOLVIST Kid A

And the poor man's Clay Matthews is actually the poor man's AJ Hawk. Brooks Reed has showed squat so far.

Yes, the Texans would have to show some True Grit in the next couple of games for the team, the fans, and every lepton and neutrino in the universe to feel good about them.

No, I don't feel the same about the Texans as I did before the start of the season. I don't know what I feel - but it's not the same.

17. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

Regardless of everything else I still think they back into the playoffs. The Titans won't continue at that level and I think we actually have a good chance to go 5-1 or even 6-0 in the division. With games against Cleveland and Carolina at home and a road games against Cincinnati and Tampa this team should still get to 10 wins.

I actually had us going 4-1 through 5 and then losing at Baltimore. The team now has to go out and win one on the road to make up for a game they shouldn't have lost. This is taking nothing away from the Raiders. That's a good team and might have a chance in the weak AFC west. The Texans were the top seed in the AFC going into the week. They weren't going to run the table and finish that way, but I want to see this team do more than just get in the playoffs. Getting a bye in the first round can get your banged up players some rest and depending on how the other AFC divisional game goes you could find yourself with 2 home playoff games. That's much harder when you get in as a divisional winner with a worse record than wild card teams.

The injuries shouldn't matter. If your team is good enough you can overcome them. The Pats went 10-6 the season they lost Brady for the year. They didn't make the playoffs, but most years that would be good enough.

Teams lose games they shouldn't lose. It happens all the time. The good teams bounce back and win the next few games. This week will determine how good the Texans are. I think they still have a losing mindset and it comes from playing for a loser coach. The talent is there to win. Now they have to prove they can do it.

Just win baby.

18. robroy72

robroy72 Veteran

He was interviewed on the TV last night; he doesn't come over as having a great deal of confidence. I'm hoping that he'll grow in that regard as he comes more into the team, he seems to have all the attributes.

19. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

We'll make the playoffs but our chances of going anywhere with the injuries we have just makes me think we'll be 9-7 in a weak division.

20. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Yup - I would rather not make it in than get in and get embarassed. But, maybe we can pull aSeattle?