AFC South Preview POLL (ESPN)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by swisher, Jun 11, 2005.

1. swisher

swisher Old School

2. Bull Pen 1

Bull Pen 1 Hall of Fame

I just love it how the media thinks the Jags are so much better than the Texans. What have the Jags done to inpress the media?

3. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm....interesting to see that the nation thinks we've improved the most this offseason.

4. BigDTexansFan

BigDTexansFan All Pro

used to bug me a LOT, then saw Cowboys disrespect the team and the team beat em up and told them after game about how they had heard about the disrespect. Miami advised us they considered any game with us a practice game, they learned we don't take disrespect very well. I look forward to all of the Sportswriters, NFL geniuses and the rest saying "boy did we underestimate the Texans"

I recal one of Texans players saying you won't give us respect we will take it from you :highfive:

5. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

The poll reveals the obvious. The Texans are on the way up. The Colts D won't get them a SB victory. Matt Jones (That storyline just adds to the daaaa Rio legacy) ? The Titans have lost some big players and are rebuilding with a new offensive system (pun was intended :) ). I can't wait for training camp.

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Not all of the media thinks that way. At least Jaguars.com editor Vic Ketchman thinks the Texans are a threat.
    Forget what the "media" says. The Jags know who their Daddy is.

7. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

I think thats more the Jags Fan if your talking about the last question were there like 4% ahead of us to win the AFC South. I think alot of Texans fans think the Colts will win. Jags are cocky this year and probably more voted for them.

8. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

it's all because the jags went on a roll early last season. however, when their time came to win and possibly go to the playoffs, they were shut out at home by yours truly. this is just like the media who says leftwich is a better
    QB than carr. why do they think that? i really have no clue, just a bunch of hype i guess.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

http://www.jaguars.com/story/4417.asp

my favorite passage "We're visionaries as scouts" that would certainly explain the Matt Jones pick :heh:

all depends on the final roster & injury status reports for each team. most of you are really underestimating the Titans, although they should struggle early.

depending of Leftwich's health could be a dogfight with the Texans for a playoff berth. Colts are still clearly the pick of the liter :cat:

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Nationally, we won't get any respect until we get into the playoffs or at least compete for a playoff spot in week 17. Those are the teams that get most of the gloss.

11. TexanExile

TexanExile A New Hope

I had to go read that to see if they actually described themselves as visionaries. That's scary. Well, it was, until I went to m-w.com and looked up the word. The first 2 definitions:

vi·sion·ary
    Function: adjective
    1 a : of the nature of a vision : ILLUSORY b : incapable of being realized or achieved : UTOPIAN <a visionary scheme> c : existing only in imagination : UNREAL
    2 a : able or likely to see visions b : disposed to reverie or imagining

The Jags seem to be doing well again in the preseason write-ups. I think we all know what that's worth...and I'm sure the Jags know that too.

12. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

or we can be like the redskins and have a player get an arrest warrant, thats national attention :brickwall

13. Vendetta, R.

Vendetta, R. Rookie

you guys still so cocky??? and damn, you were all off season. thankfully you're seeing the light now that you'll never be above .500, ever.

how's being considered the worst team in the nfl working out for ya? good, good. glad to hear it.

You're last and you'll stay there this entire decade. You don't deserve to be in the Afc.

now you've learned not to be so arrogant about your team, and that will do you some good.

14. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

^ And you are?

15. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Hey, guess what, we swept you last year. Also, just to let you know, it was great. That was an incredible TD the Jags scored to keep from being shut out for the season.

And before you call me ignorant and proclaim it was only 6 points, yes, that's the point. Don't get your underwear turned inside out trying to backtrack.

16. Vendetta, R.

Vendetta, R. Rookie

see, the sad thing is you guys think you'll beat the Jaguars twice this year. You'd think a team like the texans wouldn't be marking w's ahead of time. Hold onto your 7-9 from last year.. that's as good as it's going to get.

17. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Is the sole purpose of you being here to bring up threads from 3 months ago?

18. Vendetta, R.

Vendetta, R. Rookie

All of you thought you were so great this whole off season. And all of you were wrong. It's just good to get back to reality, that's all. the texans haven't done anything.. so why were they so sure of themselves this offseason?

19. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Fundamental improvement? History, and science would say if an object is in motion, it will stay in motion until stopped (or blown up by a ****ty offense). There was no reason to think the team would be this bad. Also, it's only their third game coming up. Some people believe the slide started towards the 2nd half of last season, but we still managed to punk your Jags 21-0.

20. Vendetta, R.

Vendetta, R. Rookie

and we managed to punk you even worse. 27-0. but like i said, you'll be holding on to last year forever. Jaguars at your stage already had 2 playoff trips, 2 playoff wins and the biggest upset of the decade under their belt.

14 point underdogs at Denver in 1996. 2nd year, what have you done? that's right. nothing and this year looks to be the same.

Go ahead and think it. you're 2-2.

" this is just like the media who says leftwich is a better
    QB than carr. why do they think that? i really have no clue. "

yeah, that foolish media. how dare they think that.