Adrian Peterson's Pro-Day

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Please_Evolve, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2797306

NORMAN, Okla. -- Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, rated the No. 1 running back in the 2007 draft and a possible No. 3 overall pick by the Cleveland Browns, spent a good deal of time catching passes at the Sooners pro day workout Tuesday, something he did little of in his three seasons as a player.

Must've gotten grilled about his lack of pass catching ability at OU. Looks like he addressed it.

Gotta be the dagger in the heart for you draft AP fans. Pencil him in at 3.

Please oh please draft Levi Brown now.

2. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Honest question and not meant to be rude: What is it you like so much about Levi Brown? Why not Landry?

3. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

For those that want AD, you better hope that Oakland goes with CJ and forces the Browns to pick Russell.

4. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

What's with Landry? Why not Brown?

5. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Veteran

Don't get ahead of yourself cause Iwas just watching total access and Adam Schefter said that he had talked with the browns GM and he said that they wanted Brady Quinn, Schefter also said that AP could slip all the way down to the bills,Unless we drafted him.

6. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Veteran

Ok,I know you've all heard this probably about 759 times but I really think there is a good chance that peterson falls to #8 here's why,on NFL total Access they were talking about LSU's pro day and they said that JaMarcus was going to the raiders yada,yada,yada, and then they got Adam Schefter on the show and they asked him where Brady Quinn might end up,and he said that he had talked to the Browns FO and that they really wanted Quinn and that AD could slip all the to the bills at#12.Now my first thought was that they were just blowing smoke,but then I wondered that makes sense,Quinn had a good pro day,there's been reports that Frye wanted out of Cleveland,and Quinn wants to be their so it sounds pretty plausible. I just wanted your thoughts on it.

7. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

cuz brown isnt the best at his position. landry is.

8. Line_Producer

Line_Producer Party Rocker

All the way to 12? I think that was a misspeak. I think they meant to say he could slip all the way to 8. ;)

I would be way surprised if the raiders took Jamarcus Russel, solely based on the way Al Davis acts.

9. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

That would be sweet if AD slipped to us. I'm not going to count on it, but if he's available then we take him. The guy was showing off his pass catching abilities recently during the pro-day workouts. He's a great fit for our offense and I would be very excited to have him.

10. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

If AD slips to us Grab him. #8 and able to draft player like AD, it is a steal my friend. We can address our DB and WR in the 2nd and 3rd IMO.

GO TEXANS!!

11. WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear Veteran

12. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

13. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Sure if you equate catching passes in practice as catching passes on Sunday.. in a game... with guys that are waiting to knock the living Shelack out of you...

15. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

If AP does slip to #8 would you be upset if the Texans traded down a few slots and got extra picks? No Guarantee that Brown or Nelson would be there ( Fully aware that Landry would be gone),

With the signing of Green I am not convinced that picking AP would be for the best for our team only because of so many needs.
    1. BPA
    2. BPA
    3. QB
    Blah blah blah......

Just an idea, because it would improve the team, now granted it would not get you that star player that would make people say wow but if you can pick up say a third or maybe even a second next year then you can look at how the RB position is and deciedeif you need to use a first or second on one. RB is a position that I think you can upgrade with late first or second round pick after you have more pieces in place.

16. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Green is a stopgap. I would be fine with him and AD splitting carries, with Green mostly the third down back, for a year or two. If AD is there at 8, I hope we take him.

17. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

If Peterson is at 8, you don't hesitate to take him. Green is good, but a Green-Peterson tandem would be one of the best in the league and would ensure that both Green and Peterson have extended careers.

Like I have said earlier, you pick a guy like Peterson and you don't have to worry about that position for the next 6 years.

18. htownfoozball

htownfoozball Veteran

i dont think peterson will fall to 8. if he falls past the browns, i think another team will trade up to get him before us.

19. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

What i like about Levi. He's an NFL ready LT. I'm not really sure about Spencer's knee being 100% ready by the start of the season. I think Black is a backup insurance plan if he's not ready to go or backup swing olineman. I like his versatility incase a guard goes down. Levi handled everyone thrown at him in the senior bowl. We've had a gaping hole in the position since Boselli didn't pan out. I know it's not a pretty pick but if you really want to improve the offense let's get the line situation finished and done. Teams are figuring out what elitemen do for an offense. That's why you're seeing mad money going to these elite guards and tackles.

While i like Laron myself. I wouldn't be angry if he's selected at all mind you. I definately think he'd come in here really improve the secondary and possbily be a another ROY candidate. Merriweather will be available i nthe second when our time comes up and he's just about as good.

I know it going on here about how Denver has the ability to take late round linemen and turn them into solid ZBS linemen. We're not denver obviously and they have the talent in place that allows them to groom and select linemen later in the draft. We don't have that luxury here. I'm pretty sure barring we're not goingto make the playoffs next year...i do think we'll be more competitive this year. We're clearing upa lot of cap space. I think this is a good year to have an "ugly" draft.

I wouldn't be opposed to AP @ 8. Just prefer if that comes up trade down. If we pick him i wouldn't whine either. Just hope he can stand up behind a bad line.

As for the browns front office i think a lot of GM's are prostrating prior to the draft. This year there's not really any locks for a position. From what i heard last year the Browns were set on handing the keys to the Offense over to Frye. While he didn't have a great year he wasn't completely horrible in his first starting year. Trading away Droughns to me and only singing Lewis to one years says a lot to me for what that's worth.

Man...i tend to have long winded posts.....

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Great post... sound reasoning, & I don't have a problem taking Levi with the #8 pick, or trying to trade down and pick him at a more attractive spot.. or whatever.

But let me ask you this.

What if the plan is to move Winston to the Left side, if Spencer can't play?? Either Spencer or Black on the right side. If I recall correctly, many people had Eric Winston going early in the first round, much like Brown.

Or do you think Brown is that much better than Winston??