Adrian Peterson splitting carries with Chris Taylor

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by baba ganoush, Feb 3, 2007.

1. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

what if we draft AP and he can share carries with Chris Taylor...look at it this way, both of these guys would be healthy all year and AP would get like 1000+ yards and Taylor could get 500+ yards...i think this would be a match made in heaven for this team

2. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

but, then we wouldn't be able to draft Okoye.

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

lol good point. I like the idea of mixing in AP, CT, and RD. I'd like dayne to stay on the team and could play very well with the mixture of both peterson and taylor.

that would be my favorite 3 rb tandem for us...but then we wouldn't have okoye, adams, landry, hall, willis...boy i wish we could swing having 6 1st rders!

4. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I like the idea of NOT DRAFTING Peterson. We have urgent needs in other areas.

5. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

If you have a franchise back why would you want to run anybody else? Unless he's hurt of course.

6. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Some you really like what you saw out Lundy, gado, and Taylor a lot more than I did. Ron Dayne is FA and DomDavis now Williams has to prove healthy. I have typed five names and at thier current NFL status, none of them would be a clear starter on any NFL team. I call not having a healthy starting calibur player a very high priority.

7. dbspi

dbspi Veteran

For most backs getting 1,000 yards in a season will do but for AP allot will be expected of him. Anything less then 1,500 will be considered failure for him personally. AP has a potential to be all the great if he stays healthy.

8. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

you also have "urgent" needs at RB. you're not going to the playoffs. be smart and draft the franchise back.

9. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

On the Okaye bandwagon heh Navy ?
    If the Texans would go DT with their top pick, I'd be surprised if they picked Okaye over the other top inside guy Alan Branch if both were on the Board.

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Urgent needs at RB can be filled later in the draft. Upgrade our OL(it IS a weak 1st rd. for OL) or ANYWHERE on D(DEEP 1st rd.) and we're a MUCH better team than adding a RB. Kubiak is supposed to excel at finding diamonds in the later rds.

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I don't think I'd be....we want 3 techniques that can get up the field and penetrate.

12. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

How is Kubiak supposed to excel at finding diamonds in the later rounds? Shanahan was the one making personnel decisions, not Kubiak.

13. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

If you draft Peterson, you don't have him split carries. He'd be such a value at #8 it's not even funny. He can realistically be expected to rush for 1500+ yards as a rookie... that can't be said about many guys ever. You gotta run 'em hard while they're young, nothing is guaranteed after age 30 or so.

14. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Why do people constantly equate Mike Shanahan's track record with Gary Kubiak? Im pretty sure Troy Calhoon wasnt responsible for drafting Spencer or Lundy while OC here and Kubiak had little to do with anything the Bronco's front office did while he was there.

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

your all dreaming Peterson will be available w/8th pick anyways :fortune:

16. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Remember all the talk when Kubes was hired? A lot of it was about this awesome running game we were gonna have with 7th round draft picks(:sarcasm: ) because of the production Denver got out of later round guys. There were almost as many threads about that on here as there were love/hate David Carr threads( more :sarcasm: cuz that's impossible). Anyway, that's why I posted that.

17. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I think kubiak will be able to draft guys later in rounds and have them do consistently well on this team.....once we get an offensive line. With the line we have now we're not going to get much production from them at all.

18. beerlover

your first sentance is spot on.

seems like they worked pretty well, making adjustments as the season finished, on a high note beating the Super Bowl Colts and Browns with a solid, yet understated rushing attack. it was like "where has this been, did they just now figure out the system?" its a system that does'nt reguire individual playmakers but playmakers who fit the system, embrace the system and make the system successful.

this why I'm so high on drafting Levi Brown, he is the perfect fit for our system. imagine if Spencer can come back 100% & play RT bring in Brown LT just how good the Texans running game could be with what we already have in place. add Dominack back into the mix then just focus on finishing the defense :twocents:

U4ikrob likes this.
  19. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Either you don't know much about football, or you haven't watched the Texans for the past 5 years...

We are now and have been weak at the RB position. Why do you think everyone was yelling for RB last year and why do you think Kubs was wanting to make a trade back into the first round last year?

Come on, before you make selfish statements like this, you need to look at the team as a whole, not just pieces. Let's get our Offense going and keep the Defense off the field...

20. beerlover

Kubiak passed on Reggie Bush not DocBar- get mad @ him if thats how you feel :scare:

seems to me like RB was a focus this past season, with DD/DW sudden abrupt disclousre he would not play (thats selfish- no warning/communication) signing Ron Dayne via f/a, trading Morency for Gado, grooming 6th rd. rb Wali Lundy & bringing Taylor back @ the end of the season. thats what I call going through the progressions in search of some answears @ RB, nealry all should be better next season & several (w/Dominack coming back) could be moved or let go. getting very crowded & certainly not a weakness compared to the secondary, offensive & defensive lines.

your never going to see the offensve go w/david carr @ QB until you fix the line :bowser:

DocBar likes this.