Addition by subtraction!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by David's Busted Carr, Mar 16, 2006.

1. David's Busted Carr

David's Busted Carr Veteran

The more I think about it, I really like what Gary Kubiak is doing. He's sending a CLEAR message that if you don't perform you are GONE!

Marcus Coleman - GONE
    Gary Walker - GONE
    Milford Brown - GONE
    Jabar Gaffney - GONE
    Corey Bradford - GONE
    Tony Hollings - GONE
    Tony Banks - GONE

What do all of these guys have in common? They were all underachievers. And yes I know alot of you are going to come back with "what about David Carr", but since Kubiak's specialty is QB, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Lets face it, we were 2-14 and most of those players were with us from the beginning. So lets trim the fat, start fresh and look to the future! And I highly doubt any of these departures (Gaffney & Bradford included) weren't intentional. I believe if they wanted either of those guys back, they wouldn't have had any problems signing them. Kubes obviously thinks we'd be better off without them.

Keep it going Gary!!!

2. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Jabar Gaffney did prove he could do it and he still is gone. Maybe he's sending a mixed message?

3. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Unfortunately Gaff is gone, but I agree with the rest. My understanding is that Rosenhaus was playing hardball and wanted more than the Texans were willing to give Gaff, but that is just what I am hearing.

Wish him luck with the Eagles, though, and I wish we had used the guy for what he brought to the table when he was here.

4. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Yea..I think he will be a star for the eagles...Him and mcnabb will collab good

5. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

I think lito sheppard had alot to do with gaff signing with the eagles as well, cause lito and gaff are cousins and everything. but i really liked gaff, and it sucks to see him gone, but good luck gaff, do your thing brah!

6. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Well, he couldn't have gotten that good of a deal if he's only signed for 1 year. It'll be interesting to what kind of money he got.

7. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

Gaffney was a #3 quality receiver looking for #2 receiver money.

8. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

So how do you explain the only time we have ever won 3 games in a five game stretch was when most of these guys were on the field and Carr was not?

9. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

Wasn't the 3rd win in that stretch over the Falcons? And didn't Carr take over for an injured Banks?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20031130_ATL@HOU

10. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

11. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

I flew from California to see the Minnesota game (the only L in that aforementioned stretch)... we should have won that but ironically, the secondary blew coverage on consecutive plays.

Carr rallied the team from a 21-0 halftime deficit in the 2nd half to force OT. We should have won the game in the 4th qtr as well but thanks to a blown play somewhere (I forget why) we didn't.

12. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Also, Carr had one of his best games and, correct me if I'm wrong, but had two 100 yard receivers that game....one was 'Dre and the other was not Gaffney but Armstrong.

13. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:crying: Only the F.O. knows how hard they tried to sign Gaffney . I thought he was very inconsistent , but you can say that about the whole team the last 4 years .

Its probably not a bad idea to purge the team and start fresh just to get out that loosing stench .

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Shhh with those pesky facts. Seriously folks, stop trying to give Banks credit for the win over Atlanta--the Texans were losing when he left the game.

15. DanTanna

DanTanna Guest

What about Jason Babin??????????????????

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Exactly .... and Carr came in HURT only to lead the team to victory .... Anyone else remember the 15 or so yard scramble he took off on .... It didnt end with a hook slide but a head first lunge for the first down ... taking a pretty good lick in the process . :texflag:

I'd like to think that is the player Carr is .... Not what we saw last season while he was handcuffed with a mickey mouse offense and rediculously poor pass protection. :twocents:

17. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

eeek, The Gaffer is represented by Rosenhaus, that's enough reason for me to want him out of town. Rosenhaus is a pest, I wish we NEVER EVER have one of his players on our team. So someone tell me, according to my philosophy, how many players should get fired now ? :)

18. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Scott Boras and Drew Rosenhaus should fight each other. The loser dies, the winner has to quit being an agent altogether! Perfect for everyone

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I can understand that with Rosenhaus...... but I'd like to see what the Eagles gave him first....

20. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I admit, I have to get TiVo or something, because I seem to only remember the bad stuff....