Add another 2 mil to our cap

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by sprtsfanatic, Jan 17, 2006.

1. sprtsfanatic

sprtsfanatic All Pro

houstonprofootball.com has an article about bradford not meeting incentives in his contract that allows us to add that money to our cap space!!! Finally bradford does something good for this team!!!:superman:

2. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

I think Bradford should be moved to a position on the line.

The Unemployment line, that is.

3. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Sound like the correct career decision for him. Best of luck, don't let the door hit ya in the backside.

4. sprtsfanatic

sprtsfanatic All Pro

we can definitely use that money to throw around at and lure in some FA's...by wish is still bentley but im not sure on how he would fit into kubiaks scheme of things....can anyone enlighten us on that one??

What are some of the things this scheme is going to require? which players on this team are likely to stay or fit into this scheme? and finally what attractice FA's out there would fit into his scheme???

5. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Now we've got money to re-sign Wells.

6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I think we should make an effort to keep bradford once our key re-signings and FA signings are done. He would be good depth for us.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I think Bradford is a track guy trying to play football .... Sure he's fast but that does no good if you cant find a seam in the zone or catch the ball ..... he has possibly the worst hands Ive ever seen for a WR .... I like the un-employment line for him . :stirpot:

8. P_Buchanon

P_Buchanon Rookie

Youre right, but which other player should catch the ball, a 4th round rookie?? or should we get an fa receiver?? I think Corey stays for 1 year more...

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

If that 4th round rookie is a better reciever then yes , he should see the field instead ....I really think that they MUST upgrade the #2 WR position before this offense can be productive .

Remember that Bradford was a FA last season and NO TEAM offered him a contract . To me that says he isnt good enough to ride the pine for many a team in the league .... If thats the case why should he be the #2 here ? Because he's fast ? .... Fast doesnt matter if you cant utilize it .

I was at one time a Bradford supporter ..... I just dont think he's worth the roster spot now considering his contributions . The contract money and roster spot would be better served on a project with potential than what he can give . :twocents:

10. P_Buchanon

P_Buchanon Rookie

Right, but I don´t think there would be a rookie to put him on the #2, and Mathis is not a #2, just a returner... that means there´s only 2 receivers... Andre Johnson and the RB Domanick Davis... So we had to trade in my opinion... Trade Carr and let´s get a receiver for the #2 and a pick for next year..

11. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

Bye bye Bradford!

12. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I guarantee you that Mathis is at least a better #2 than Bradford. Bradford is the worst receiver on this team and we've cut rookies that were better receivers than him. Mathis, Armstrong, Gaffney--they're all better than him to varying degrees. I say we cut him because replacing him as our last resort receiver should be really easy.

13. TreWardTxn

TreWardTxn Veteran

LeCharles has been a productive and steadily improving pro, but he is quite a bit bigger than Denvers average O-linemen, who need to be nimble enough to get to the second level on those stretch plays. I haven't seen the Saints much, but I think they utilize more man blocking than zone. The guy Kubiak would want at center is still in college at Minnesota, name is Eslinger, looks to be like another Kevin Mawae...

14. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

doesnt bradford owe US money....i mean, if his contract was incentive based........surely we deserve a refund

15. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Reggie Wayne or Moulds as our number 2 would be great. I know people will say we can't afford either one, but it would be great if we could find a way.

16. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

Now we go money to trade Carr and absorb the cap hit.

17. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

Look for Reggie Wayne to wind up in Philly and Eric Moulds I have no clue due to his age. They would both be nice additions, but they will also cost a good deal. Moulds obviously would be cheaper, but he has been productive most of his career. I think Mathis and Gaff can man the #2 and 3 receiver spot and a rookie or Armstrong would be a solid 4. The rookie I would like to see would be a fast guy not as fast as mathis, but close to Johnson with decent hands. Only place we are going to find him though is at a small school.

18. TheOgre

TheOgre Hall of Fame

I heard them mention on 610 am that Bradford's nickname when he was with the Packers was "50/50". Those were the odds that he would catch a given pass thrown his direction.

19. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Favre always said it was like throwing to the Keystone Cops when Bradford was on the field. Never knew where he would be or if he might catch it or not.

20. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

that was the funniest thing i've read all day...i spit coke on myself