Adam Schefters thoughts on Carr from nfl network

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans Pride, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Just saw on NFL Total Access that Adam Schefter will be reporting new news on David Carr and his future with the Houston Texans.

Don't know what it is, but wanted to give everyone a heads up to watch Total Access, something may be reported

2. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

Thanks! I'll be out celebrating my aniversary. Please let those of us who can't watch, know what is happening.

3. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

Just saw on nfl network that Adam thinks he wont be back. It is not looking bright and that Kubiak def has to be thinkin of bringin in a vet like plummer as adam said and to help out when we draft a rookie qb.....just relayin info...thoughts????????

4. Texans Pride

Ok, nothing that many haven't been saying here.

Just said that it didn't look good for Carr, that it looks as if the Texans will be moving on, possibly trading him in the off-season. He said that Kubes might pick up a veteran player (Plummer was mentioned) and let him keep the seat warm for the qb that the Texans could draft this year.

5. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Plummer's coming in.

6. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

I just find it hard to think that we would take a cap hit like that. Do we want to be rid of him that bad?
    I know he is not playing well, but we could have him work with the yougster, then let him go when he wont hurt us so much.

7. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

Plummer???????

8. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

ahhh Carr will be back next year and he will make the same mistakes over again. so.... anyone have closer psls other than 121 x lemme know

9. NFLforher

NFLforher All Pro

Thanks.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I think Carr will be back, but on a very short leash. We'll have a beefed up o-line and a consistent running game, and if he can't produce, then we'll have someone waiting in the wings for an immediate replacement.

I hope that I'm incorrect, but I'm mentally preparing myself for this scenario.

11. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I don't want Carr having any influence on any QB prospect we possibly bring in. Off limits with restraining order. Carr can give hand signals and hold clipboard if Kubiak wants him to but that is it, no more no less. Thinking Carr could mentor anyone as a QB is a laughable assumption and imho a huge reach.

Personally, David will be back and will probably be the backup...most expensive backup in history (most expensive backup part probably not true :yahoo: )

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Carr is an ideal back up QB at the right money. He won't get in trouble and make your team look bad, won't cause a stir and badmouth anyone or talk behind the starter, doesn't risk tough throws and mainly looks for safe passes while your playmaker is injured. He would be an ideal reserve and he should have a very long career as a kicked up Trent Dilfer.

13. Texans Pride

Could a mod please change the spelling in the title to read Adam's correct last name. It should be Schefter, not Schefner.

Thank you

14. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I would rather have a 7th round draft pick straight out of college than Plummer. That just doesn't make any sense to me...

15. Second Honeymoon

Plummer > Carr

16. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

I think Carr will be back and will enter camp as our starter. I don't see us spending much of anything on new talent this offseason. Good news is that all of you Sagers out there should get your wish if he sucks.

17. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

IIRC, Plummer's in for a pay raise and has already been demoted. One guy also said that Plummer reportedly said he wanted to be back with Kubiak. Add one to one and you get two: Plummer's coming to Houston.

18. Second Honeymoon

Carr will probably be back. However, I think he will have to compete for the job at best and its possible they dont even let him compete.

He will be an expensive backup until someone makes us an offer for him which will probably necessitate Carr reworking his deal so that the other team will want him. I dont think anyone will offer anything of consequence for him and teams will just wait till he is cut/released unless he reworks deal so we can make him more marketable to other teams

19. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Plummer will be cut and will become a free agent. He's not starting and has a high dollar contract similar to Carr's (with three years left instead of two).

Debate the rest until y'all are blue in the face.

I think he'll be here next year with Sage - more as a stop gap than anything else.

Adam Schefter and Suzy Kolber: Separated at birth? Take note.

Texas_Thrill likes this.
  20. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Plummer will be fine as a placeholder for a year, even two. Hes nearing the end of his career I think, and im sure he would like to finish his career under Kubiak.

Hed be a good fit for us as a temporary solution while we groom a rookie. He would provide leadership, and a working knowledge of the system we are running.