Aaron Schobel Retired

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by No More 8-8's, Aug 2, 2010.

1. No More 8-8's

No More 8-8's Veteran

Brando likes this.
  2. Cjeremy635

Cjeremy635 Overtraining

If we could get him at a low base salary, then I don't see the problem. I can't see paying him $8 million a year though. I could see a contract with incentives and such, but not the kind of base salary he's used to getting.

3. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Wow, ten sacks! I don't like how old he is and I hate the idea of him taking the place of someone who's been around a while just because he has a relationship with Kollar. But ten sacks.....hmmmmm....

4. CDNTexansFan

CDNTexansFan GloverQuinFan

I don't get why he's dinking around with his decision though. It's one thing to mutually agree with the Bills to move on but you're either going to play or you aren't, dragging the decision into camp does no one any favours.

I'd hate to see an older player like Schobel come in and steal reps from a guy like Connor Barwin, I thought he really came on at the end of last season.

5. Rey

Rey Guest

I'd bring him in if the money was right...

I don't think he'd steal reps from Barwin...Maybe from Okoye or Cody...

Maybe Schobel comes in at end and Smith bumps down to DT more often...Or Maybe Smith gets more breaks...Either way, I think that we could find enough snaps for him to fit in without disrupting too much..

6. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Get this done! I don't see how anyone could be against this.

WHo cares if we have Mario, Barwin, or Smith? Put the best guy out there and make them all compete. Hell, this is great for rotation any way. You want as many guys at DE as you can get. Plus, Mario could always get injured. Our defensive line is still a work in progress and this guy could really help. Make it happen! :evil:

7. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Move Mario inside with Antonio Smith and use Barwin and Schobel as DE's on 3rd down. Try stopping that!

Ok, so I'll just accept my award for preposterous idea of the day but it's crap like this that I think would work.

Texecutioner likes this.
  8. Texecutioner

Preposterous? I say try it out and let em rip!!! It couldn't hurt.

BSofA04 likes this.

9. Texas T

Texas T Hall of Fame

See the other thread about Marios hip problems...he'd be a great addition.
    I'm betting he'd love coming here since his family lives in Columbus (I ate at their resturaunt on the way to my daughters graduation in Kerrville in May)

10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

In my best Gregorian Chant:

AMEN!!

This is a guy that is a low risk, high reward signing. Your team gets better with him on it. We got a rookie and a second year guy playing CB, they are going to need all the pass rush they can get.

11. Rey

Rey Guest

From the article it sounds like all the Texans have to do is make that call....

12. Texas T

Texas T Hall of Fame

Hey I'll even make it for them if that helps.

13. No More 8-8's

No More 8-8's Veteran

I dont think, he will be taking away so much of Barwins reps. Part of what makes Connor great is that occasionally he will be standing up like an outside 3-4 linebacker. Schobel would be more of a traditional DE.

But when it comes down to it.........10 sacks.

14. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Thanks. Image all the stunts/twists we could use. Maybe we wouldn't be as predictable upfront!

15. Texecutioner

Must spread the rep for mentioning the restaurant. I had a nice country dinner there about a year or two ago while watching the Texans lose to the Jags. Good country cooking.

I'd love to have Schobel here. Hell, you can't go wrong with any of the Schobel brothers. All good hard working Texas boys. And this one has a very high motor. I don't trust Mario Williams like so many others do either. He's the most talented DE in the league, but he takes plays off at times and doesn't seem to have the intense motor 100% of the time like you want your star DE to have. If Mario gets hurt, we're screwed and Schobel is a high motor guy all of the time and a solid veteran. Hell, he'd be great in rotation. I'd would be ecstatic if we had him on this D line and I think he'd make a hell of an impact to this team.

16. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Let's do this. If nothing else he'd be a great teacher for everyone on the team.

17. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Mario has always had some nagging bug which has really held him back from progress.

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I bet Tenn or Jville does what they can to get him....

19. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

uncapped year and its not my money, so who cares how much he makes. Make the move mcnair

20. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

The Texans need to make the call! Schobel would be great to have here. That's simply more depth and formations we could use on our D-Line. Move Marion and Smith to the inside with Barwin and Schobel on the outside. Or, have Mario and Schobel on the outside, with Smith and Mitchell on the inside. So many other formations, too. Maybe a 3-4 formation with Mario, Smith, and Schobel with Barwin as a linebacker? I like it. Not to mention he'd bring in more veteran leadership to this young defense.