Aaron Murray QB Georgia

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by revan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. revan

revan Veteran

What a game he is having right now vs SC. Clowney has been a non factor as he and Gurley have taken over the game.

2. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Meh, Murray is the Matt Schaub of NCAA football...

Can't win the big games when they count...

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

People used to say the same thing about Peyton & Flacco.

4. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I've watched two Georgia games and both have been as entertaining as any football I've seen.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I like Murray ... Mobile enough , accurate enough , strong enough arm .... don't think he's a product of the system or talent around him like some others (AJ McCarron being one of those).

I wonder where he ends up being drafted ?!! Im thinking he could be had in the 3rd round .... but that is definitely subject to change pending how he finishes this season.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

The thing with Murray is he isn't going to win you games by himself. If you have the pieces around him, he will do great things, but he isn't going to pilot a team by himself.

He could make a strong case for himself this year and *maybe* bump himself up to a first rounder. It will be hard to do that after falling to Clemson though. I personally, would not want to spend anything higher than a third on him. He has had incredible talent around him in Green, King, Lynch, and Gurley. Not to mention the amazing defenses he has had.

7. AngryNateFTW

AngryNateFTW Veteran

If he's sitting there in the 3rd round when we pick, I wouldn't be against it.

8. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Aaron Murray is a Drew Brees clone. He will become a starter someday in the league, New Orleans would be a great fit for him to groom under Drew/Payton.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Physically maybe, but the thing that separates Drew Brees from the rest of the NFL is what's going on upstairs & that's not easily replicated. Some guys got it, most guys don't. Trying to find it in a 6'6" 220lb frame would be nice, but generally speaking... you take it any way you can get it.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I live in Georgia and that is the first time I have ever heard anyone compare him to Brees. Think of a more durable Matt Stafford, another UGA QB. Accurate, strong arm, and struggles to beat good teams. Only difference is Murray doesn't get hurt as much. I'm not sure if he would fit your team well by the time you want to replace Schaub, you will want a ton of weapons.

11. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Took Brees awhile, in fact not until he signed w/New Orleans before he got it "upstairs" but I see similar resilience & mental toughness, he is unquestioned leader in bulldog huddle & has quick accurate release. He has demonstrated big time playmaking over & over in big time game situations. In four years as Purdue Boilermaker Brees passed for 11,792, 90 TD's, total offensive yards 12,693, completions 1,026, and attempts 1,678. Murray just beginning Senior season he is on pace in just two games 194.77 passer rating, 632 yards, 71.2 passing %, 4 TD's vs 1 TD. First three seasons he passed for 10,091 yards if he averages 316 per game thats another 3,792 yards or projected 13,883 yards. That is in SEC vs Big 10. No two QB's are exactly alike but I've seen enough from both to make comparable comparison, IMO.

12. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Nice comeback by Murray & dogs today from 17-37 to 38-37 against Auburn, only to lose it on a potential INT tipped into a TD pass. He's got moxie.

13. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I could handle getting him in the 3rd and going with he , Case and TJ . That would allow the Texans to plug other holes .

14. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

That's the way I'm leaning. Been thinking it for a while. The guys that are projected to go in the first just don't impress me enough to spend a first, and Murray might end up as good as any of them. I don't feel like any of them will come in and have a great rookie year. So if you're going to get a project guy, take him in the 3rd.

Get an OT or big NT or something in the trenches.

15. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Aaron Murray done with torn ACL;LINK

Horrible way for this young man to end his season.

16. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Tough break for Murray. I hope he is able to recover fully.

17. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Man, that sucks for him. Maybe there's a UDFA berth on the Texans in his future now.

18. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

That would be nice. He'll still get drafted though. Probably 4th-5th round now instead of 2nd-3rd because he won't be able to workout for scouts.

19. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I doubt it. He suffers from the short bias.

20. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

He will undoubtedly get drafted. He was a highly rated recruit and has an incredible resume as a 4-year starter at an SEC school and broke a ton of school and conference records.