Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A Thoroughly Unpleasant Experience

nflnutswife said:
infantrycak said:
Didn't all PSL owners get a letter stating they were sorry about the Pittsburg game and in the future The roof will be closed for ALL home games?
Not that I agree, (I don't) But it's gonna be hard to satisfy most people now!
JMO

I didn't get one, and I have a PSL in section 119.

Why in the world on the most beautiful day did they have the roof closed?
I had heard threw the grapefine that some "fans" complained about the Steelers game that it was too hot!!!
Now I was out there and it was hot, but are they going to keep it closed all the time now? Are the fans wimps and can't take 70 degree weather with blue skies. Why in heck did they get a retractable roof when everyone "fans" whine about the heat.
I heard this through a FOX or ESPN friend that they may make a small story how the Texans are not only winless, but whiney! That is a quote!!!
I can understand a day like the Steelers because it was brutal!
Don't get me wrong I have Texans jerseys, signed footballs and even the license plate, but when they close the roof on a near perfect day!!!!
The funny thing is I am near the BULLPEN and all ther games there is cussing around kids, but no one complains about that, but OH my gosh it is 70 degrees and I will melt!

Thank You!

Here is the entire email that was sent to the PSL owners:

Re: An Important Announcement Regarding Reliant Stadium Roof Policy

We have received a considerable amount of input regarding the game experience this last Sunday. As you probably know, our organization has earned a reputation for being responsive to fan input and in the past three days we have fielded numerous concerns from our fans regarding the roof position (open or closed) on hot and sunny days.

As an organization we apologize for any inconvenience that you were caused by the roof being open this past weekend. We also want you to know that we have completed an exhaustive evaluation of this situation and we have carefully evaluated the feedback we have received from fans like you. Based on this analysis, we have decided to make the comfort of our fans our primary consideration when making the roof position decision for future games. Our fans are an important part of the Houston Texans family and we want each visit that you make to Reliant Stadium to be as enjoyable as possible.

This new approach means that you can expect the roof to be closed more often in the early months of the season, but we will still attempt to open the roof on certain game days if the climate seems appropriate for an open air environment. Specifically, when the game day forecast calls for sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-80s or higher, the roof will likely be closed for the game. Clearly, given our need to satisfy the contrasting desires of 70,000 of the greatest fans in the world, we will not get it right every time for everyone. However, your input has helped us to better understand the impact of the roof position on the overall game experience and we will work hard to use this knowledge to create an even better game environment for our fans for the remainder of the 2005 season and many great seasons to come.

Thank you for your support and, Go Texans!

So there you have it. It was pretty nice before the game on Sunday for tailgating, but I will say it was pretty toasty without a cloud in the sky by the game's end outside. It just felt good in comparison to 100 degree temps for all of September.

I could care less if the roof was ever opened. When it's open, it's not that there is a breeze, or as someone said watch a fly by. Even when there is a fly by, if you don't excatly know when it's coming you miss it anyway. The only reason I go to the Texans games is to watch the game, not gaze up at the sky. When the roof is open I watch the game and when the shade is going to get to my seats.

I'm more interested in what the Texans are going to do about our record of 0 - 4.

Of course my opinion only. I only know I had a headache for two days after the Pitts game.

I had a feeling that the roof was going to be closed for Sunday's game no matter what the temp was. I like the new policy where they are taking the temperature into account. As for the announcers - I couldn't give a rat's ***** what they say - last year they couldn't get the names of teams right. Besides it's easy to say someone is whining about they heat when you're sitting in A/C comfort. Kinda like when Dick Clark comes out of his heated trailer right before the broadcast on Times Square and says "We're freezing out here" like he was out in it the whole time.....

Back