A stat that I really like...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Oct 19, 2008.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

The Texans are currently ranked 3rd in the NFL in time of posession with an average of 32:37 per game:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...IME_OF_POSS_SECONDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1

I think this is very nice and shows just how much we've improved in the running game this year with Green's health in the last 3 games and the offseason additions in the player/coaching department we made.

Now if only I had nicer things to say about the defense...

2. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Oh wait there's more...

Andre Johnson is # 1 in the NFL for WRs in yds/game.

3. will742

will742 Nukkkk

To add onto the stats, Zac Diles is currently ranked 19th in the league in total tackles. He has 45 total tackles thus far with 35 of them being solo tackles. I would say he's coming into his own as a starter for our defense, and becoming less of a liability.

4. dsorc

dsorc Veteran

I think that stat also reflects that teams are scoring on us quickly. If a team can bomb our defense, like that 96 yd pass to CJ or those two plays from the Miami game, time of possession kinda becomes unimportant.

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

So we can set all kinds of offensive records if your D just keeps it up. :splits:

Too bad I don't care about that. :mcnugget: Seems like I've been through that with some lighter blue team before.