A San Antonio Writer's perspective

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Runner, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Close enough to care, far enough away to be somewhat objective?????????

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/buck_harvey/Mario_over_Vince_gets_lost_in_debris.html

2. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

I would add Bush to that list, but he looked awesome on Sunday.

I would still rather have Mario.

3. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

I read it this morning. Lots of obvious stuff, but I get the feeling that Buck is hitting us when we're down. Come talk to me when we're through this season before you bash Schaub.

4. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Oh. Pul-eeze. Objective? He's a Cowboy lover deluxe. And pompous and gloating like many of that breed. (you nice ones excluded of course).

Sometimes you hit with quarterbacks and sometimes you don't. They backed into getting Romo as their quarterback and still don't know if he can win playoff games with him. And they don't know if they can maintain their franchise after the decisions made by Parcells fade away.

He judged Mario poorly after one season and says he was wrong, but it is okay to judge Schaub poorly after one season and one game?

Eh, there's questions about decisions made, but the way he makes the case, I give the buzzer.

5. UvaldeTexan

UvaldeTexan Veteran

That is typical Buck Harvey. He writes Cowboy praise articles all football season, then when he acutally does write a Texan article it comes as a back handed compliment. The San Antonio Express News never even runs original Texans articles written by their staff. Most articles and game recaps are reprinted articles from the Chron. The EN has no Houston Texans beat writer, Of course they do have a Dallas beat writer though. It wont get any better until the Texans force other media outside of Houston to pay attention to them by winning games. Then those writers and networks will have no choice.

6. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

He made a play at the end of the game as a pass receiver, not as a running back and was only the #2 rusher on his own team in that game. And Deuce isn't even back yet.
    If he eventually becomes a top running back in this league, then I'll say he would deserve the high Draft spot he was picked at in 2006, 'til then nope.

7. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

If he continues to produce 200+ yard games I'll go as far as to say that he's not a complete bust :)

8. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Isn't worth my time to set up an account but i wanted to leave a comment

I'd like to ask him if he got Casserly confused with Kubiak/Smith (where is that thread I made about how pathetic our draft was and who is still on the team since being drafted in 2002)

I'd like to ask him about Blaylock
    big F'ing deal he started for Atlanta ... Brown and Winston started for the Texans

well I guess he lost confidence with Carolina and now holding a clip board in NY

9. Spled

Spled All Pro

There's a number of talented running backs in the league like Bush. There's very few man beasts like Mario that get to the quarterback all game.