a quick question about ragone?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by keyfro, Mar 27, 2006.

1. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

does anyone know why we didn't send him back to nfl europe...i mean kubiak brought in rosenfals to be carr's back-up so what's the point of leaving ragone here to simply compete for the back-up job when he needs more playing time to develop into trade bate

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I don't know how much in trade you would get for a backup. He could have another amazing year in NFL Europe and I still don't think you could get more than a 6th round pick for him.

3. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Why would he want to go? Because it did so much for him last time? He dominated the league and got squat out of it.

4. Buzz

Buzz Veteran

I think the best thing to do would be to package him with someone else and get a veteran for the defensive secondary. You could always bring in somebody cheap as a third stringer at QB.

5. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

Ragone possibly didn't go to Europe in order to give him a full camp to fight for the #2 spot. If he goes to NFLE, he wouldn't have the time that Sage would have to learn the new playbook. He would be at a distinct disadvantage. Since he stayed, he has the same amount of time to learn the playbook, and therefore, has the same chance to win the job.

6. 2 CENTS

2 CENTS Rookie

I think you can only play in NFL Europe for 2 years and I think Ragone has used his 2 years already.

7. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

Thinking about it right now, I don't think they should have gone after Rosenfals. Wasn't Ragone MVP in NFL Europe last year? He had a better pre-season than Carr, IMO. I'm excited about what Kubiak and the new staff is going to do for the offense and Carr, but Ragone could easily be a legtimiate #2 QB. Let's remember what Mr. Harvard came in and did to us last season - and he was a #3.

8. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

To be fair, Mr. Harvard was probably playing the equivalent of the Cornell Univ. defense last year against the Texans. And to be fair, as an alum, I feel bad about be-smirching the good name of the Cornell Univ. defense by equating them to the '05 Texans defense. Go Big Red! (whatever a Big Red is, but still Go!)

9. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

well i understand the arguement about him wanting to stay to have a chance to fight for the number 2 qb spot but i think kubiak has already made that decision by giving rosenfels a pretty good contract

10. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

I doubt we trade Ragone since we probably wouldn't even get the 3rd round pick we used to draft him...

11. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Do you remember what Mr. Harvard did against the rest of the league?

He completed 50% of his passes and threw 1 TD and 7 INT's. That's how bad our defense sucked!!!!!