A Quick Peek into the 2006 Draft.

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Tailgate, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

LINK

It seems to me that next year will be a VERY deep draft for Tackles unlike this year.... and I think the Texans knew that.

Wand was essentially a rookie last year.... so they decided to take a chance on his potential and delay picking this position especially since it was a weak area this year.

If our OL does not improve at all or enough this year.... then with both the deep draft and widening cap room for 2006... it looks like it will only be temporary.

2. AlexVanderpool

AlexVanderpool Veteran

IMO the perfect plan is to eventually draft/ sign a stud LT, move wand to RT, and cut wade.

3. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

I disagree here. We could have landed a Barnes with a trade down or Brown where we were and put them at LT for a year and still drafted one of the studs next year and deal Wade or keep him for Depth.

Just tell me why we picked MORENCY over Brown the G out of UVA????

4. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

And put Wand on the bench? I think the coaches felt no matter who they drafted it would not have been an immediate upgrade over Wand....and Seth could be the depth you are talking about next year.

Supposedly Morency has some serious potential..... potential that couldnt be passed up in the 3rd. I have even heard comparisons that if he does what the coaches think he can do.... then he would be a Bensen type player down the road.

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

How about because he doesn't sound much like a zone-blocking guy:

Link

6. Texas_Thrill

Texas_Thrill Hall of Fame

he doesn't SOUND like a zone-blocking guy? Well I guess we have no reason for COACHES then. Let's just fire them all. He's a FOOTBALL player.

Morency is 25 years old. If he got potential it better be there YESTERDAY. Bad pick period.

We took Morency over MATHIS which was crazy in itself.

7. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

So the solution is finding a coach that can make his players quicker and faster than their natural abilities allow them to be. Good idea. Now all we have to do is find that non-existent coach before the 31 other NFL teams find him first. :rolleyes:

8. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

Say our offensive line is stable and has good run blocking and above average pass pro, then I say we go get Mercedes Lewis, would be another monster for Carr to get the ball to.

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

What were they thinking? I mean, didn't Casserly call you before they picked. Everyone knows Texas Thrill knows much more about these players than the scouts and FO of a Professional football team. How could Charley forget to call. We'll never get to the playoffs like this. :brickwall

10. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Hope you're right buff, they just bet the farm on it. Regaurdless, this is the year to go wadding in for a LT prospect. They don't grow on trees. You get a chance at a good one you draft the guy and worry about Wand later. They're set a skill positions. You going to the SB with a WCO, you better have a stud there. JMHO.

11. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Yeah, Texas_Thrill, what do ya want a guy who can blow holes open on third and short and the goald line. What the heck are you thinking !! Hey wait a minute. :brickwall