A new Texan fan

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by maddsouth, May 24, 2005.

1. maddsouth

maddsouth Rookie

As a former Oiler fan, I followed the Titans and really enjoyed the team through the Eddie days, although he may come back Im really leaning towards the Texans, I really like the team and even when the Texans lose they always play tough, and David Carr is without a doubt a very underrated QB in the NFL, I look for the Texans to make a playoff push this season and although the Colts are still a better team I look foward to seeing the Texans improve each season....Go Texans

2. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Welcome to the board and I think you feel bout the Texans as most of us on this board feel.

3. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

lean on over, maddsouth... it's about to get even more interesting than past 3 years.

4. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

some things u should know, ibar harry always negative on whatever the subject may be. Me always positive, another thing after we lose a game every thinks that all the staff and coaches should be fired. Oh and according to most on here D. Davis is not starting RB material ! Last but not least welcome to the board. ENJOY :rolleyes:

5. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Hey I think DD is All Pro starting material

6. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

haha yeah i know u do, i meant most in general,,,,ok maddsouth me and Yodaa think D.D is an awesome running back, and a few others. They will see when he gets 1400-1500 yrds and 17-20 tds this season !

7. THEFUTURE

THEFUTURE All Pro

is he gonna rush for 1400 or all purpose 1400, cuz he has already done that in terms of all purpose last year... anyways, welcome maddsouth, just a quick note, dont argue with me on anything, cuz everyone that does loses, haha jp, but really, welcome

8. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

You picked a good time to come back to this side.

9. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Don't worry..he won't be the last. I expect we'll see quite a few Houston area Titans fans convert to the Texans over the next couple seasons as the Titans finish towards the bottom of the league for a few years and the Texans continue rising.

Anyway though, welcome to the board. Generally good people around here, the best board in the league without a doubt.

10. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I'm not sure having the former Titan fans jump ship would be cool because wouldn't they just be bandwagoner's?

11. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

It's possible, but it is also possible that they were die hard Houston Oiler fans, and it just took them this long to come to grips that the Oilers are gone and that Houston has a new team.

12. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

Once the Texans make it big our board will be filled with so many bandwagoners and then left with a bunch of abandoned SNs

13. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I like your avatar 3rdI.

14. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

A TRUE DIEHARD HOUSTON Oiler fan would NEVER have supported Bud and what he did!! I don't buy that garbage about supporting the "team" not Bud. Any NFL team is a reflection of the owner, he has the checkbook. JMO!

15. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Isn't the true meaning of a band wagoner an person that leaves a team when the one they follow stinks and jump on a winning team's band wagon.....one in which they have no formal or geographical ties?

The Texans have not had a winning season so I am not sure that it applies here.

Welcome.

16. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Copy that Tedc,
    Jumping to a losing teams wagon does not make you a bandwagoner. :) Welcome to the board. I hope you will enjoy the intelligent and insightful discussion.

17. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

Welcome to the board :goodnight

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I have said all along that if anyone wants to get on the wagon, now is the time to do it because after this season, you will be labeled a bandwagoneer because from here on we are in the playoffs and Super Bowl.

19. The Preacher

The Preacher Veteran

This offseason is dragging so I thought I would add to it. :crying: In order to to reach the amount of humility I will never attain I must say it took Year 2 before I jumped on board. As a lifelong Oiler fan from Knoxville since the greatest draft pick ever 78' Longhorn, I tried to root for the Titans since I have resided here in Nashville for a decade and they essentially were the old Oilers. I went to a few of the games when they played at Vandy and even jumped on the wagon for their SB run. I never vibed with them though and only went to one game at Adelphia over the years. It felt like I lost my team completely until the Texans came around and now I feel like I have my team back. :worm: I was fortunate to catch the game here last year and it was by far the most fun I had last football season. Well sorry to ramble just thought I'd pass some time maybe the vols and horns can rumble in the Rose Bowl this year and see who the real UT is. :bowdown:

20. throwANDREtheBALL

throwANDREtheBALL Veteran

Welcome Aboard

And I'd just like to go an record as being a big fan of Domanick Davis....and I do think that he can get the job done. I think that a lot of our players are good.

However I'd also like to go on record as stating that, I'm not fond of Mckinney, Payne, Billy Miller or Chris Palmer.........they should all go.