A Kubiak Dynasty

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by kiwitexansfan, Apr 25, 2006.

1. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I am feeling this whole beginning of a new era thing and I have gotta say that I really hope that we can sit here in 10 years time and still be talking about the great job that Kubiak is doing.

I am assuming that he will be a great HC in saying this of course.

I look at what the Steelers have with Cowher and just admire that so much.

Any thoughts about having a good coach and then sticking with them through thick and thin??

2. abbest

abbest Veteran

Gary should had been the first and only coach of the Texans . McNair realized what a blunder he made in choosing Capers. It`s a blessing Gary was still available. Gary will be coaching here for a while .

3. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I agree. But the reason Kubs was bypassed the first time was because Bob Mc thought he needed a little more seasoning before making the big move. I can't say I would stand behind him through thick and thin yet, I want to see a year BEFORE I evaluate him. If he has 4 losing seasons in a row, you think he would still be a head coach for the 5th?

4. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

I predict his "dynasty" lasts about the term of his current contract.

5. CoachJim

CoachJim Veteran

Well of course you do ... You're Bobo, the 'chicken little, glass-half-empty, pessimistic, what have the Texans done lately, whinnin' assed, no faith havin' titan lovin' troll. OMG you'd better pull a houdini when my Texans come alive this season cuz I can assure you sir, I as well as many other on this board will do our best to do the :neener: & say we told you so. Especially when we drag your titans up & down Reliant field for 4 quarters, leavin you squealin' from the feelin'.

EDIT: Sorry mods, I couldn't help myself ... this guy makes my *** wanna dip o snuff!

6. champ1234

champ1234 Rookie

I was waiting for you to chime in, Bobo. We all know your stand on Kubiac and how "horrible" he has done this offseason. I personally am proud of the franchise's moves this offseason and believe these moves will improve this team this upcoming season and possibly for the long-haul.

I'm with the original poster. I am very excited about this draft and the upcoming season. :redtowel:

7. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

:superman:

8. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

kubiacs odds of success have improved the timing could not be better.....there is no where to go but up :)

9. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

A.) Didn't like the Oilers when they were in Houston, certainly don't care for them now in Tenn. B.) I believe, in the long run, it'll be me who will be saying I told you so. C.) I could care less who wins the Titans vs. Texans game. I used to -- until Kubiak came on board. D.) Stop :crying:

10. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Are you for real?

11. CoachJim

CoachJim Veteran

Well you just keep right on believin' MsCleo ... We all know how good that crystal balls worked for you so far. :stirpot:

12. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

I don't believe I have any hits or misses yet. But here's one:

:drool: Opposing defensive coordinator looking at films of the Texans offensive line before the start of the 2006 season.

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I agree with Abbest.... even though the reason you just stated, was given by both McNair & Kubiak(what did you expect him to say??). But ever since we decided to run a "Denver-type" of run offense, I wondered why we didn't just Hire Kubiak the first time.

Now, I'd love for Kubiak to be our Fisher, our Cowher. I'm really impressed to see the change in direction from overpaying older veterans(has beens) to getting some young blood in here through Free Agency....... & some high character guys who should prove to be true leaders on our team.

I know..... this wasn't started off as a Vince/Bush thread, so I'm moving my the rest of my post.

14. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

Fisher, there is another guy who has had a long tenure and has a real commitment from the FO. There is something cool about that.

Thanks for keeping this RB/VY free.

Also I understand that the average coaching life span is less than 5 years, but is that always for the best?

Look at Sherman who is with us now, he took his team to the playoffs year after year, then a bad season and he is gone... I don't get it. Did he forget how to coach?

15. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Memo to Dom Capers.

Do not go into a tent alone with Bobo.

Genius, I say: Link: My Bobo Theory

Bobo actually says thought provoking things every once in a while. The reflexive pessimism and negativity and the way he says them makes most of his posts hard to take seriously as anything other than look-at-me trolling. (Well, and the repeated Cowher/Holmgren = Capers point of view makes me giggle too). I do appreciate people thinking about stuff and not just doing a herd mentality about things, but if you actually care about adding thoughtful dialogue, tone does matter. There is a way of playing devil's advocate on things without being unpleasant.

An example: I like eating pie. With a fork. On a plate. I don't much care for it in my face though.

I am guessing this analogy gets lost.:cool:

16. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

Kubiak has done wonders so far...i cant wait to see what this team will look like 3 seasons from now.

17. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

He hasn't won a single game yet.

18. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

A.) Oh, come about midseason, you will take what I have said *very* seriously, I am sure. But then again, I am sure the die-hard Kubiak supporters will never admit they are wrong and will continue to blame Capers. It will be interesting to see how long they take this track. B.) I haven't brought up the Capers/Cowher/Holmgren analogy for awhile, but it's interesting you brought it up because it obviously seems to have made an impression on you. C.) The pie analogy seems to be more in line with a Geico/Gecko commercial than anything else.

19. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

Seeing that the Texans had one and got rid of him, I don't think that policy is part of the Texans' thinking. If they would have had Cowher, they probably would have fired him when his team went 6-10 after regressing seven games in two years while Capers regressed five.

20. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

To me at the time Caper was hired, Kubiak was likely McNair's second choice.
    Obviously, he made a wrong choice.

And yes, I hope this will be the beginning of something special.:trophy: