A House Divided

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by eriadoc, Jan 7, 2010.

1. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Well, sort of. I'm a Cougar, but I pull for Texas teams before any out of state teams. My wife is a 'Bama alum. Anyone else have this dilemma?

2. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

In the words of one of my favorite actors (the one and only Mr. Gene Hackman) Go Alabama! Roll Tide!!!!!

3. treduke

treduke All Pro

not the same but one of my best friends is from Mobile,Alabama. we always talked about how cool it would be if the tide played the horns. i didnt go to texas but i've always been a longhorn fan since i was young. so i'm putting on my earl campbell throwback and going to his house where i'll be one of only three horns fan there in the middle of a sea of crimson! HOOK 'em HORNS!

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

See, that's me. I didn't go to UT, as I mentioned, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for UT because my first introduction to football was the One and Only, the Great Tyler Rose.

Folks like Dread just don't get it. ;)

Side note: My teenage sons are finally getting into football. They've been to Texans games in the past, but they've never really expressed much interest. A couple weeks ago, I pulled up some highlights of Earl on Youtube after they asked me why I grew up an Oilers fan. They were floored at how good he was.

5. treduke

treduke All Pro

the first time i saw earl was when i was 10. i used to go on and on and on about christian okoye. my uncle pulled out some old highlights tape of earl and........... that was the end of my okoye man-crush! [​IMG]